9. Burned Away

Elizabeth's POV

Everything happened so fast. One second my parents where yelling for me to run, the next the men with guns began to approach me. I tried to get away from there, but before I could turn around and make a dash for the stairs I felt strong arms clamp around my waist and hurl me into the air .

"Let go of me!!".. I screamed .. "Put me down you ass wipe!!!", I was struggling so hard but he refused to let up, his death grip unrelenting.

"Shut up brat!!" ,he snapped throwing me to the ground in the middle of the room, my head bouncing off the floor board's due to the impact. That is definitely going to bruise I thought to myself. My ears are still ringing when I hear my father's voice yelling.

"Don't you dare touch her Jeremy!!. She's just a kid. Let her go and we will leave with you!!.. Please!"... The man Jeremy who seems to be the one in charge begins to laugh like it's the best joke he's heard all year.

I push up on my elbows getting into sitting position, wincing slightly from the bruise on my head. " Mom!.. Dad!, what the hell is going on? ...Who are these people?!!" ... I ask in a shaky voice,the fear really starting to settle in.

Before they could answer Jeremy cuts them off.." We are old friends, your parents and I. They owe us a debt, and we have come to collect" ... He answers for them, a sadistic smirk playing on his lips. The man looked slightly insane, and the scar over his right eye made him look all the more deadly.

During his moment of distraction he does not expect the attack as my father lunges at him, throwing a punch or two in his face before he gets pulled away and thrown down. But not before he snatches away Jeremy's gun and shoots the guy that grabbed me at the door.

All hell breaks loose as he goes for the next target and then a gun shot goes off. But it is not from my father's gun. After a few seconds of silence my father clutches his side, bringing his hand back up to reveal blood on his palm, just before slumping to the ground.

My mother and I rush to his side, but before we can get to him Jeremy fires another shot into his head. I watch in horror as my father goes still the life pulled out of his body. Seconds later another shot is fired and my mother's body follows.

"No... No no no no no... This can't be happening" .. I keep saying on repeat not believing that they are really gone. At this point I am literally choking on my sobs, tears running freely down my cheeks .. I crawl on shaky hands and knees towards them not having the strength to properly stay upright.

"Move out!".. I faintly hear Jeremy shout. "Get the girl, she'll be useful for the programme". I hear shuffling around me before someone pulls me to my feet and over their shoulder.

I don't struggle this time as I have lost all the fight in me. As they move through the house all I can see is the picture of my parents lying lifeless on the ground, a hole in both their foreheads.

When I'm thrown into the SUV I look through the window just in time to see the house catch on fire as we drive away. I felt nothing now. I'm numb.

"Don't worry sweetheart, you will get over this in no time when you find out what I have planned for you"... Jeremy says his voice dripping with smugness.

The flames didn't just burn away my home and memories though. It also burned away a piece of myself I would never get back. And in that moment, I realized I had to leave the only person I had left behind, my best friend. His name quietly passing my lips like it was the last time I'll ever say it.

" Ethan"...

********************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

Thanks!!