8. Panic!!

Ethan's POV

Tonight was going great so far. Was having so much fun with Izzy and our other friends. I couldn't still wrap my head around how gorgeous she looks in that dress tonight, not that she isn't always pretty, but she just looks great.

I realize that I've lost track of her at some point, so I pull my phone out to call her when I find like a dozen missed calls from her parents.

I wonder what's going on. I call her mother Mrs Taylor back. After a few rings she picks up.

"Hey mum, what's going on." I ask.

"Ethan!! Don't come home with Lizzy. No matter what make sure she stays with you and away from home. Do you hear me!!"

She sounds frantic and scared and I immediately begin to panic.

"What's going on, is something wro............"

"Listen!! Do you understand?" She immediately cuts me off.

"Yeah. OK. I'll go find her." I reply in a hurry."

"Good." She says.

Before I could ask any more she hangs up.

"Weird."

I mumble to no one in particular. I scroll through my phone in a hurry to call Izzy. But then I see her text saying she's not feeling well and is headed home.

I wasn't sure what that meant given the situation. But I just had this sinking feeling in my stomach. And I have never felt that sick and worried in my life.

I jump in my car and drive as fast as I can to get to the Taylor residence.

I consistently called Izzy but I kept getting her voice mail. And it only made me panic more.

As I get closer I begin to hear the sound of sirens. The further I get the louder it sounds.

Plus there is so much smoke. I finally get there and what I see knocks the breath out of me.

I watch with wide eyes as their home already completely blazing burnes to the ground.

I immediately begin to scream for Izzy. Searching frantically for any signs of her or her folks. But there are no where in sight.

I go to the first officer I can reach and ask in a panicked voice.

"Is there anyone in there? Did they get out? Are they alright? ....."

The questions keep coming as my eyes start to cloud with tears already dreading his reply.

"Take deep breathes kid," he says, trying to calm me.

"We don't know yet, but let's hope to God that house is empty or else there is nothing that can save them."

I sat there all night till they got the fire under control and called in a forensic team. After endless hours of hoping and praying they finally had a report on the case.

The officer I met earlier approached me with a sympathetic look in his eyes and I already knew.

"I'm sorry kid, but they found three bodies in there. The Taylors didn't make it. I'm really sorry."

He patted my shoulders saying something else and walked away. But I couldn't hear anything else. I felt like my head was being forced under water. They where gone. She was gone. And it was all my fault.

My life was turned around that dreadful night. And I was never the same person.

*******************

hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

Thanks!!