10. Open Wounds

Ethan's POV

I've been sitting here for what feels like hours, just staring out my office window. If anyone walked in right now they'll think I'm simply soaking up the amazing view. But I wasn't, not sure I could even see it. All I could see was her face, it's been so long but it feels like just yesterday.

Four years and I still couldn't move on. It was her birthday today. And all I could think about was the look on her face when I crash into her room much too early in the morning, singing happy birthday in the worse voice at the top of my lungs, while she grumbles insults at me hiding under her duvet to shut out the sound.

Then how her face lights up and she's suddenly wide awake when she realises I brought her favorite cake. Strawberry cheese cake. Those thoughts bringing a smile to my lips.

But then that smile turns sad when I remember the fact that I could never see those sights again. Because she wasn't here anymore.

I am suddenly broken out of my trance when I hear my office door being thrown open. And I know who it is without looking because there was only one person who would dare come in here when i demanded not to be disturbed for any reason.

"What's up Alice in wonderland" ... He asks loudly, the amusement clear in his voice. I sigh and turn my chair around to face him a flat look on my face. " what do you want Carson? "

"Woah!!... Well someone's on their period.." He mumbles under his breath but I catch it. I glare at him a scowl fixed on my face."What part of 'do not disturbed' did you not understand? " I asked not in the mood for his antics today.

His features suddenly turn serious probably only realising that I was not joking around. "It's her isn't it?.. You're thinking about Lizzy again" he asks a knowing look on his face.

I wince a little when he says her name, it's always been really painful to hear it since she died. "She would have been 22years old today you know" ..I say absentmindedly. "I just can't believe she's gone" I sigh looking down at my desk.

He leans over placing a hand on my shoulder and I look up at him. A sympathetic smile on his face. " It'll be alright dude.. I'm really sorry you feel this way". ...he says , and I know he means it. "Thanks Carson".

I know you're wondering who Carson is. Well when Izzy died I fell apart.. So much that my parents though it was best to get me to move in with my uncle and aunt in New York city. Bennet Black and Christine Black. Along with their only child Carson Black.

It took a while, but I eventually warmed up to them. Especially Carson, we later became best friends. No one could ever really replace Izzy for me, but he came close second . He was the one that saw underneath my anger and self destructive attitude.

I owe him a lot for sticking around to be a friend and helping me get my act together. Hence, the reason I refrained from giving him a black eye to match his surname when he barged into my office unannounced.

"I didn't just come here to give you a shoulder to cry on tho , as much as I enjoy helping damsels in distress" .. He says a smirk forming in his face. I just chuckle a bit at the statement. Typical Carson.

But I sober up when I notice the hard and slightly troubled look in his eyes. " What is it?" I ask suddenly feeling agitated .... He runs his fingers through his hair, a nervous habit we both share. Before replying.

"We have a serious problem" ..

************************

I hope you liked it.
Please vote and comment if you do . thanks!!