20. In His Eyes

Elizabeth's POV

Its been a damn long day. And now I'm just sitting in front of my dressing mirror, glaring at the newest additions to my very impressive and might I add extensive injury collection.

The guys have settled into the safe house today. Makes me feel so much better that he's close by and safe.

I'd rather he didn't have to see what I did to the men at his house today. I remember the look on his face. I didn't want him to think different of me. Not that he knows it's me anyways.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of someone knocking on my door. I wonder who. The guys are usually asleep by now.

"Come in!", I call out. And turns out its Ethan.

"Hey", he says, stepping into the room and looking around.

"Hey, what's up?", I ask casually, but I'm really curious as to why he came...

He just stares blankly at me for a minute, holding eye contact. And it takes all I have to not jump at him for a hug and forget the deal with the chief. But I know Jeremy has a tendency to tie up loose ends permanently, like he did my parents. And I'll never let him hurt Ethan, so I stay grounded.

"Did you want something?", I proceed to ask him.

He blinks like my voice pulled him out of his thoughts before shaking his head.

"Thanks for today. Not sure what would have happened if you weren't there for Carson and I, but I'm guessing nothing Good". He suddenly says.

"Your welcome", I reply, standing up from the chair. I wince a bit and he catches it. His eyes immediately going to the cut on my side, peeking through the crop night shirt.

You need help with dressing that?, looks painful" he offers, his eyes growing really soft, and sad. Wonder why.

I nod, taking a seat on the bed.

"The medial kit is on the top bathroom cupboard". I instruct.

He disappears into the bathroom and emerges with it a minute later.

Ethan then gets on his knees and lean back. One of his favorite sitting positions. I smile lightly. He hasn't changed much.

After working in silence for a while, only mumbling the occasional apology when I wince or jerk from the pain. He's finally done.

"I can't find a pair of scissors, do you have anything sharp close?" He asks,

"Sure" I reply , quickly passing him one of my throw knives that I hadn't put away yet,

When he's done cutting the bandage with it, he suddenly pauses.

"What is it?, did you get cut?", I ask a bit worried. But he ignores me.

Getting on his feet he looks at me, then the knife and finally says in a cold voice,

"Nice knives, whose initials are engraved in them?", and i curse myself for not thinking about that.

I'm about to make an excuse, but when I look in his eyes I see it. There was no use anymore. He knew me too well to not figure it out. It was inevitable.

His cold expression melted away and he suddenly looked tired and sad, his eyes starting to cloud with tears. He looked just like when we where still kids. And at that point I confirmed it.

"You know", I whisper.

And that's all it takes for him to crack. Tear drops begin to roll down his face non stop ,and it hurt me so much to watch him cry that I begin to cry too. Apologizing hysterically.

"I'm so sorry, I had to. He was going to hurt you too, like dad, and mom. I can't loose you too .. I'm sorry... So sorry.... I'm... ", he suddenly lunges at me, clutching me in a tight yet tender embraced, crying into my hair while he says my name. Like I'll disappear if he stopped.

"Izzy... Oh Izzy. Your here, your really here.." .

When we finally pull away, he cups my face in his warm palm, wiping the tears off my cheeks with his thumb.

"What happened?", he asks..

And I tell him what happened. Every detail till this point.

His face hardens in anger when I tell him what Jeremy did, and how he used him as leverage to keep me grounded.

"You'll get out, I'll get you out. No matter what it takes!" He says in a stern voice.

I can't help but smile at him. I knew he will say something like that.

The thing is, I don't plan on going back to Jeremy. I knew the second I took the mission that once I set my eyes on Ethan, I would rather die than go back to living without him.

And so, I began to make arrangements. Collect on favours and make deals. Jeremy has no idea what is coming his way. His biggest mistake was handing me Ethan,the one leverage he had on me on a silver platter. And I was going to make him pay. For all his mistakes. Soon.

I look in his eyes and I know he means what he said.

"I know Ethan, I believe you".

***************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

And for those that have taken the time to vote and comment . I appreciate it.

Thanks!!