21. Over Protective

Elizabeth's POV

When I read the not so subtle threat hanging off the opposite building, my blood immediately begins to boil. An overwhelming sense of over protectiveness washing over me.

"Spence!", I call out.

"Yes captain?", he replies, at my side in seconds.

"Hack into all CCTV cameras both surrounding and inside this building and the one with the message on it. I want a report of any suspicious activity, and the identity of the bastard who hung that up there in 2 hour's. Take Derek with you" .

"On it captain", he replies, heading in Derek's direction. At this point the guys are already surrounding me. Awaiting orders.

"Braun, get rid of message. And sweep the building while your at it".

"Sure thing captain!", he replies, turning to leave.

"Dawn, get back to the safe house. I want two rooms organized for Ethan and Carson"

I tell her with a strait expression.

"What!", they all yell in sync. Including Spencer, Derrek and Brawn who have their earpiece turned on. I hiss a bit in pain at the sudden intrusion to my ears. Then resume speaking.

"It's the safest option right now. Or else you'll prefer giving us a quick SOS phone call, while you are in the middle of being suffocated with a pillow at night by the enemy, in your own home. Your choice". I add nonchalantly.

"Well, if you put it that way i guess we have no objections", Ethan sudden speaks up looking uncomfortably at Carson who simply nods in reply, pulling on his shirt collar as though he was loosing breath just by imagining the scenario.

"It's settled then", I say with a smirk playing on my lips. This should be interesting.

"Go Dawn. I'll get these two home to pack a bag. And then down to the house.

"Boys?", I call into the earpiece. I get a chorus of answers in reply.

"Meet us back at the house when your finished. I expect detailed reports on your findings"

"Yes captain", they reply.

I turn back to Ethan and Carson.
"Let's go"

Carson suddenly looked worried .
"Just us?, no extra back up", he asks nervously.

"Yes", I reply plainly.

"I think we should take someone else, just to be sure". He says.

"And I think I should carve your lips off so you'll shut up. But you don't see me complaining", I reply, fixing him with an icy glare.

He immediately steps further away from me, a scowl on his face.

"Smart move", I say . smiling sweetly at him.

"Knock it off. Carson stop being annoying", Ethan suddenly says. Ending our banter.

"I though you where on my side?" Carson exclaims. Pointing an accusing finger at Ethan, who just shakes his head and walks away.

I stick my tongue out at Carson before following Ethan's footsteps.

"Whatever" .. He mumbles. Coming with us.

He sulked all the way to their house. I can't believe it. He's an even bigger baby than me. And that's saying a lot.

When we get inside I cant help but appreciate the interior. Couldn't stop touching things either.

I guess it was just that feeling of being in Ethan's home making me feel so curious and comfortable.

I stepped inside a small room and turned on the light.

The sight before me made me gasp. My eyes begin to water. It's my things. Some of my favorite things, pictures of us. Some school trophies. He kept them.

I was lost staring at a picture when I heard glass break in the direction if their kitchen .

I immediately pulled out a gun and went to investigate. I was about to step into the kitchen when a voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Don't move!"

I turned around and feel my heart beat speed up.

There was an armed man standing in the far side of the kitchen.

And he had a wide eyed and panicked Ethan clutched in his rasp. A gun to his head.

"Oh no"

***************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

And for those that have taken the time to vote and comment . I appreciate it.

Thanks!!