31. Rescue Mission (part 2)

Hey Guy's. So, I want this chapter to be as satisfying as possible. So I will be switching POV's between characters to cover all bases. Hope you like it!!

Ethan's POV

"We're here."

We all piled out of the van with the exception of Carson and Spencer.

I look up at Carson and he already has his sight set on me. I recognise that look in his eyes. I've seen it too many times before. He's worried.

"Be careful Ethan. I know all the crazy things you've ever done have been because of her. Don't add dying to the list. Please."

I just smile at him. I can't make any promises.

"I'll be as safe as I can. That's all I can promise." I answer truthfully.

"I know." He says with a sad smile.

"I found it." Dawn announces. Pointing in the direction of the waste passage.

We do a final check to confirm everything is in place. And then we part ways.

Derek going towards the front while we hike down a small hill that leads to the opening.

"Here we go."

***********

Derek's POV

I take a minute to scout for security cameras before approaching the entrance. Making sure to keep to the corners and stay out of viewing range.

I finally get in, and I'm taken aback by the view on the inside.

"Talk about wolf in sheep's clothing." I mumble under my breath.

The factory exterior is all rust, dirt and junk. But the inside is far from it.

Who ever bought this place, gave it a hell of a make over. It looks like something out of a star wars movie. There are white lights lining the hallway. The floors made of polished black marble, walls built of solid concrete.

There are elevator styled doors lining the hallway that appear to require either key card or fingerprint access.

I'm still marveling over the interior when I hear footsteps approaching. I immediately move out of sight. Pressing my back against a door for cover.

There are two voices at first. But then one fades away indicating that he turned back.

"Perfect." I whisper.

I listen closely to his footsteps and the second he's within my sight I grab him. He's momentarily stunned, but before he can recover I snap his neck.

Luckily the guards here wear jumpsuits, and he wears my exact size. I drag him into a dark spot in the hallway and in no time I'm suited up and on my way to the control room.

Checking my stop watch I realize I'm up seven minutes. Eight more before the guys are forced to blow up the pipe entrance.

I'm almost there when a door I just walk pass opens up and few seconds later I'm addressed loudly by a man.

"Hey mate! Why are you down here?

You're supposed to be guarding the upper level with the rest of the guards.

Boss says we should expect company soon."

I casually turn around with an easy smile on my face, looking the man in the eyes as I reply.

"I just got the order, I'm heading up there right now." I reply.

He gives me a suspicious look before looking down at the key card hung around my neck.