5. Grownups

~five years later~

Ethan's POV:

"Izzy!!!! Were gonna be late, hurry up!"

Its prom night at school today, and I came by to pick Izzy up so we could prepare and go from my place. We have been best friends for about five years. And we have grown a lot since then. She is probably my favorite person in the world right now. And I can't be more grateful that the universe let us meet.

"I'm coming!! I'm coming!! Jeez, do you not know it is wrong to rush a lady." She shouts back in an over exaggerated posh ascent from her room.

I just laugh because Izzy is a lot of things, but definitely not a lady. I just can't help but smile to myself, the image of me wrestling her into her prom dress later today already starting to play in my head because she would not be caught dead wearing a fancy gown.

"Come on Izzy!! We've got only a few hours left. And I need a lot of time to groom all of this awesomeness that is myself." I call back, a smirk tugging at my lips.

I hear footsteps rushing down the stairs, and I know she's not going to let my statement go.

"Oh Wipe that look off your face Ethan Black." She says, rolling her eyes.

"The only thing you are young man, is a poorly mannered and egoistical asshole."

I gasp dramatically, clutching the area over my heart in mock hurt "You wound me my dear Izzy. So deeply."

she just laughs, her face lighting up. Shaking her head at my antics

"Yeah right." she snorts.

"Come on Shakespeare, let's get out of here. I'll go get my bag." She says rushing back upstairs.

"Alright. I'll be at the car." I answer, going outside to bring the car around.

This night is probably gonna be the most eventful night of our lives I thought while waiting. I had no idea how true it was.

********************

I hope you like this. Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

Thanks!!