32. Way Out

Hey Guy's. So, I want this chapter to be as satisfying as possible. So I will be switching POV's between characters to cover all bases. Hope you like it!!

Elizabeth's POV

Dawns voice reaches my ears and a weak grin spreads across my face.

I guess I forgot I still had the gang behind me after what happened with Braun. 

This is the first time I let myself come to terms with the fact that he betrayed me after so many years of trust and friendship.

The realisation hurts a lot more than my face does right now. And trust me. That's really saying something.

Shots are fired but my head is still too fuzzy to react to anything.

I catch a glimpse of the brute as he runs towards the door he came from, all the while firing shots to cover his ass.

He makes it out alive and I silently hum in approval. It's a good thing they missed, because I want to kill him myself.

"Izzy!!"

"Izzy!!"

Someone calls out my name. And I'm a bit  confused.

No one calls me that except...

My eyes widen and I'm suddenly more alert than before as I whisper.

"Ethan."

That idiot came.

And those even bigger idiots let him.

He runs to my side, and begins rambling hysterically as he unstraps me from the stray jacket and chair.

"Oh Izzy. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left. I should have done something. I thought I lost you again. I'm really...." He keeps going.

My head feels like It'll explode any second and I'm moaning in pain but he keep going. So I do the next best thing and kiss him. Hard.

Takes him a second or two, but he kisses me back.

"What was that for?"  He asks breathlessly when we pull away, looking flustered.

"My head hurts. You wouldn't shut up." I mumble.

"I'm sorry." He says looking guilty.

"How do I look?" I ask him. Managing a small smile.

He looks closely at my face and I his features harden. But he just forces a smile on his face as he answers.

"Gorgeous babe. As always."

I can't help but feel all warm inside.  Our stare begins to intensify and his eyes drop to my lips.

Our faces start to come together subconsciously, as though being controlled by some kind of magnetic force. Everything disappears and all the noise drowns out.

Just as our lips are about to meet again, Derek yells out.

"Yo love birds!! We're in the middle of a fucking shoot out not a bora bora Honey moon getaway. Snap out of it!"

And just like that our perfectly peaceful bubble pops. All the noise floods back in, and there's chaos everywhere.

Derek and Dawn are holding the bad guys off at the  entrance. But by the look of things, not for long.

I look at Ethan who seems to have realized how dangerous the situation is because he suddenly looks pale.

Adrenaline courses through my veins as I realize he's here. And in danger if Jeremy gets his hands in him.