34. Mission Complete

Elizabeth's POV

"Not all of them."

My head jerks upward towards the voice as the smoke finally clears, revealing the brute that tortured me. Also clad in a gas mask.

My blood stirs in anger at the sight if him. But also with an evil kind of excitement.

He's poked the bear long enough. It's time it mauls him and bites his head off. I think savagely. Causing a crazed grin to spread across my face.

I pull my mask off and tuck it into the side of my knife belt.

He does the same. Only he tosses he's to the ground.

"Why the face princess, you happy to see me?" He asks smugly.

"Oh you have no idea." I reply darkly. The expression on my face not wavering.

He looks slightly taken aback by my new attitude. I watch as his confidence dampens a bit. He's nervous.

As he should be.

"Bring it princess." He replies with false confidence. Taking a wide fighting stance.

And I do.

Running towards him at full speed I drop and slide between his legs at the last second. Avoiding a blow and cutting at his calves in that one move with knives he probably didn't notice me pull out.

He hissed in pain and drops to his knees.

I'm up in seconds and move to kick him in the head, but he quickly twists around to catch my leg. Tossing me into the ground.

The impact shakes me but I'm too revenge driven to be fazed. He regains his footing, albeit painfully judging by his facial expression.

I move to attack him again but he keeps ducking out of the way or deflecting. I soon realise that he's trying to slow me down to get the opportunity to strike. So I do it first.

I feign a punch to his lower abdomen and as planned he lowers his hands to protect it. Giving me the opening to swing a fist to his face. Breaking his nose. Again

He stumbles back.

I come at him immediately, leaving no room for recovery. Giving him blow after blow.

"This is for hurting me, my friends. And for Derek." I say angrily.

Standing up to my full height. I point a gun at him. His eyes widen in fear as I pull the trigger.

Lodging a bullet right between his eyes.

"One more Red. One more head shot and you're done with this life." I say quietly to myself as I head towards the red door.

I try to open it with the key card I found on the brute. And it works.

Doors slide open to reveal a luxurious looking office.

The chandelier hanging down from the ceiling giving the room a glow that imitates sunlight.

Leather Couches decorating the corner of the room.

An exquisite looking bar on the other corner.

I cautiously step further inside. The movement bringing into my view the sophisticated office chairs and table fixed in front of a large glass window.

Allowing one a great view of the sea that has been restored by nature to it's original beauty. A beauty that was probably lost due to the waste tossed in it from the industry when it was Still functioning.