22. Whole Again

Ethan's POV

We settled into the safe house a few hours ago. It's a pretty neat place. Carson has been excitedly touching things and asking questions like a little kid on sugar high since we walked through the door.

He somehow managed to get into the weapons room. To cut the story short. They had Dawn reprogrammed their security system to reject his finger print from accessing all the locks except that of his room and other open areas.

He hasn't stop pouting since. Sometimes I'm not sure we're related. Or maybe most of the time. But those are not the things that occupy my thoughts as I lay quietly on my bed.
Staring at the ceiling.

I'm weighing my option's. Do I play dumb and wait for Izzy to tell me the truth? Do I confront her? I can't decide. I know it's her. But there's a small part of me that is doubting it. Look what she did today. What the hell happened to her.

I get out of bed to go get a glass of water. I'm so lost in my thoughts I do not realize my feet are taking me to her doorstep. I stare at the door for some seconds, then without thinking about it I knock.

"Come in!", she calls out.

"Hey", I say stepping into the the room and looking around.

"Hey what's up?", she asks casually, still sitting at her dressing mirror.

I take the time to look at her. And the more I did the more I believed it was her. She was still the most beautiful girl I ever met.

"You want something?", she asks, snapping me out of my daze.

I blink a few times before I thank her for saving myself and Carson today.

I notice she's in pain so I offer to dress her wounds.

But when I ask for something to cut the bandage with she hands me a peculiar looking knife.

I wasn't sure what was odd about it till I looked closely at the hilt and found an engraved initial.

'ET' it read.

And I suddenly clenched my jaw when I understood.

Elizabeth Tailor.

she asked what was wrong, probably noticing my change in demeanor.

"Nice knife, whose initials are engraved in it?"
I demand in a cold voice.

She looked panicked, and for a second I thought she would deny it. I was so tired and sad. I couldn't take not knowing anymore. She looked in my eyes and I think she found what she was looking for, because she finally gave me the confirmation I've been waiting for.

"You know", she Whispers.
More of a statement than a question. And I couldn't keep it together.

The tears come down so quickly it blurs my vision. My heart feels like it beat for the first time in years. And I've never been more happy.

She tries to apologise hysterically but I don't care. I just want to hold her in my arms and be sure she's really there.

I hold her, as we both cry. So many emotions running through us. I was finally whole again. All the broke prices put back together.

When we sober up from the tears she tells me the truth. Where she was all this time and how she got there. And I was so angry. Not at her. But the people that hurt my Angel.

"You'll get out, I'll get you out. No matter what it takes!", I say in a stern voice.

She had that look in her eyes. The one she always got when I made her a promise since we where kids. Like she had no doubt in the world that I would go to the ends of the world and back for her. And I knew I won't disappoint.

She smiles at me saying, "I know Ethan, I believe you".

******************
This is just a glimpse of the final confirmation to give you an idea of what Ethan was feeling and thinking. I will update the next chapter later today. Stick around.. The fun is about to begin.

**************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

And for those that have taken the time to vote and comment . I appreciate it.

Thanks!!