3. If Looks Could Kill

Currently rewriting this story, so bare with me. There's going to be a lot of changes, and I know there will be a few things that don't make sense. I'm aware, and I'm going to fix it....so, it's not that cringe haha! :) And it will look like there's no comments, but since it's a new document, they all went to the bottom. 

"This . . . is your beach house?" I said with my mouth dropped wide open. It was the kind of place you see in an advertisement or a celebrity home, and I couldn't believe that was where I was staying for the summer. I closed my eyes and tried again, and it was still there. I held my gaze out of the window as Coleman drove up the brick driveway. You have to be fucking kidding.

It looked like a down-sized version of the white house with an island-inspired color palette of blue, beige, red, and cream. Lush palm trees, bushes, and flower gardens surrounded the multiple-floored home with potted plants at the front and balcony door.

There were so many arched windows, allowing the sun to give the abundance of natural lighting throughout the home. Everything looked spotless like no one has been there in ages. But Sam had mentioned that the housekeepers kept up with the house before and after their summer stay.

I had a sudden urge to run through the house and see everything it offered. It was serene, with no other neighbors around. The next home seemed to be way down the street and surrounded by trees as well. What the hell do I have to do to be this rich?

"You like?" Sam asked, turning her body around in the seat when we came to a stop. "Wait until you see the inside." I wasn't ready.

When we exited the vehicle, Cameron and Coleman removed our bags and set them in front of the house. I was in too much of a daze to help, and I felt bad. Coleman was an older gentleman, and he shouldn't have been carrying everything. He said his goodbyes and pulled off, leaving us standing in the driveway as we had just bought the home.

Sam latched onto my arm, giving me a quick run-down of all the amenities. I barely listened, wondering if the inside matched the outside.

"I'm going to give you a quick tour," my best friend said, yanking me in every direction.

It was too much to take in. The ceilings were high, maintaining the same color scheme as outside but lighter. There were beautiful pieces of artwork on the walls, with live plants everywhere. It was almost like being in a damn garden inside your home. Bamboo, glass, and marble were the main furnishings and decorations in every room.

"So, the house has six master bedrooms, but I'm the only one with the balcony. I'm a princess. Anyway, as I showed you, you have your own bathroom, and everything you need is in there. There's a laundry room downstairs, a game room, and you saw the backyard. It's fucking insane," Sam said, out of breath.

The backyard was where I was going to spend most of my time. There was a gorgeous wooden patio set in the corner and lawn chairs spread out around the icy blue pool. It looked like glass, like a person shouldn't be swimming in there. More trees closed in the area, giving it the perfect amount of shade. And a fucking hot tub.

"This is the most beautiful house I've ever seen in my life," I slowly said, shaking my head in disbelief, and my long hair followed. My green eyes were wide, trying to look at everything I could as my best friend rushed me.

Sam nudged me. "I kept trying to get you to come," she dragged, ending the tour back in the living room. Unlike the beige, the couches and chairs were white, with splashes of gray for color. The windows were tall, and the curtains matched, draping to the carpet.

Cameron looked at me with a smile. "What did you think, Ry? Sick, right?" he said, pulling his head out of his phone.

"Sick? This is another level of being rich," I blared.