38. Liar

Knowing I had only two weeks left in the house, they've been taking me out a lot more lately

Knowing I had only two weeks left in the house, they've been taking me out a lot more lately. They all treated me to a night at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, which was one of the most unforgettable experiences yet. The reason being, I hit a thousand on a slots game, and that never happens. Most of the time, I attempted going to the casino; I lost everything. Not to mention, the hotel itself was unique. I mean, it was so elegant and modern. The posh decor and comfortable environment sold me. One thing for sure and two things for certain, I will be back for that hotel.

Sam and I even went to the spa and had an hour-long massage. Never in my life have I felt so at ease. Everyone around us seemed to be happy and . . . rich.

Aside from that, Joey had permanently melted my heart. The night we stayed in the hotel room, Joey snuck into my room with wine and flowers. I mean, it's pretty obvious what happened a few times, but that wasn't it. We sat in a bubble bath, laughing and joking around with each other. I never realized how deeply lost in someone I can get. For some reason, I felt extremely comfortable with him. I opened up to him about my Dad disappearing when I was a kid and how it affected me. I went off the rails for a while, but my Mom made me speak to someone to control the anger I felt. He also told me how much his parents shaped his character, and they would go months, leaving them alone, all the time.

I even found out he's allergic to shellfish and bees. With bees, it was worse as a kid. After we talked, we took a walk around the resort, hoping no one would see us, and they didn't. It felt so real and normal with him. It always has. I know we haven't been talking for long, but I actually can say I care about him.

"Earth to Riley? You okay, beautiful?" He asked.

I'd trailed off, lying in bed with Joey. I couldn't help but smile and curl up beside him. I kept the same cheeky smile on my face as I dug in between his neck, placing light kisses on his flesh.

I lightly spoke, "I'm okay now."

Joey slowly pulled away from my reach and glared intensely into my eyes, and studied my face. No words were said whatsoever, just admiring each other. I watched his eyelashes move as he blinked before smiling.

"I don't understand how you can look amazing without even trying? You're. . . gorgeous." Joey said, wrapping his lean arms around the small of my back.

I covered my cheeks as I felt the blush creep up my skin. Joey looked at me as if he could see behind all my flaws. Like he was blinded by them. He doesn't fail to tell me how beautiful I am when I wake up or something ridiculous; he would only say, "And you're. . . incredible, amazing, sexy—"

Joey cut me off, palming my face into a passionate, slow kiss. I slowly rose without breaking the kiss and hovered over top of him. My breath hitched as Joey took control to lay me on my back, falling between my legs. I froze for a couple of seconds from the daze this man put me in.

He slowed down, admiring me in his T-shirt that he left in my room. "This looks ten times better on you, but it's coming off." He playfully laughed, ripping the shirt off over my head.