21. Good News & Bad News

"I love you, babe

"I love you, babe."

My body froze hearing Samantha and Cameron opening the door. Panic flashed through my body as Joey quickly helped me off the counter. I felt my heart beating through my chest at a fast pace. I kept thinking about getting caught and wondering how Samantha would take it.

I was breathing heavily, and Joey tried calming me down. "Relax. Go over there," he whispered, pointing towards the back pantry.

I pressed my back against the closet and held my breath. I don't know why Joey didn't come with me. What's he doing?

Seconds later, I heard Sam's heels clicking in our direction.

Fuck. Why did I do this? Stupid.

"Joey, you're still up?" Sam giggled. Thank God she seemed to stay in place, judging by the sound of her heels not moving.

His voice cracked, "I was just on the phone and getting ice cream. How was the date?"

Cameron spoke over Sam, "Amazing! We went to that new restaurant Downtown!" I listened to both of them spare the details of their date while trying to be silent.

"You know if Riley is asleep, or is Dyl is back yet?" Sam asked.

"I think she said she was going to sleep a while ago, and I haven't heard from Dylan."

"Well, we're going to bed. Love you."

When they both walked away, I let out a deep, long, relieved breath.

~~

I woke up still in shock about what happened last night. I'd be lying if I said the thrill of almost getting caught terrified me. Well, it did, but the excitement just made me want more. I couldn't explain how Joey made my body feel, but I know it was something I've never felt before. Ever. It's like he knew exactly where to touch me and when I wanted more. Kevin couldn't make me climax from oral sex at all. It's something about us being off-limits that excites me.

I wonder what going all the way with Joey would be like. If he can put me in a trance with his fingers . . . What else can he do?

I bit my lip thinking about it. Do I feel guilty? Yes. Do I want more? Also yes. The amount of pleasure that washed over me last night would be tough to forget.

I laid in bed a little longer, staring at the ceiling fan. I wasn't even sure what to say to Joey, or how to act . . . normal.

After a well-needed shower, I threw my robe on and walked out of my room. I heard laughter coming from downstairs, indicating everyone was awake. I slid my hand down the banister and slowly headed downstairs.

"When do you ever sleep this late?" Sam automatically asked as she saw me make an appearance. I cleared my throat, flickering my eyelashes.

Everyone crowded around the island in the kitchen with coffee and cereal. I guess no one felt like making breakfast this morning. My eyes landed on Joey, feeling my cheeks warm as I glanced at the spot Joey had me moaning his name. Shit. I felt like a teenager experiencing sex, or oral sex, for the first time.