23. Masquerade Ball

I glanced at the time when our ride arrived to take us to the ball

I glanced at the time when our ride arrived to take us to the ball. I had never been to anything super fancy besides prom many years ago. Or homecoming in college, which also wasn't fancy. Samantha planned for the guys to have a different ride so that they wouldn't see us until the event. She was treating this like a wedding service, but I didn't mind. They're going to need as much support as they could get.

It was just pushing seven thirty when we stepped out of her room. I nervously brushed my hands down the beautiful gown, nervous to see the looks on everyone's faces. Samantha and I looked and felt like princesses. Glitter flew off her dress as she cat-walked down the hallway.

I slicked my hair into a high bun for a more sophisticated look and went natural on my makeup. I didn't want an overly dramatic look since I had on a shimmery diamond necklace. Sam and I both completed our looks with silver masquerade masks that matched our gowns.

She breathed out as we made it down the steps carefully. "What the hell do I even say to my parents if they're there?" She asked in a shaky, scared tone.

I chewed on the insides of my cheek. "Just say hi and keep it pushing. That's exactly what they do to you, right?"

My best friend nodded. When we stepped outside, Coleman had parked in front of the house, standing near the door like we were something special. "You ladies look incredible!" He voiced.

We thanked him and proceeded, making our way to our destination.

Nerves flooded Samantha's body as she worried about her parents, but also excited to see Cameron in a suit. She said she loves when he dresses up and she finds it sexy. I agree. I couldn't wait to see Joey in a suit. My ovaries are pretty much going to want to explode.

"It'll be fine, trust me. You have me, Cam, and your brothers. They probably need you more than you think." I assured her, tightly holding her hand.

She took a deep breath as we pulled into the fancy driveway. Beautiful palm trees lined the entrance, giving a beautiful view of what Florida has to offer. The sun was in the process of setting, making everything look ten times more euphoric and nostalgic.

"Wow, this is beautiful," I said as my eyes followed everything we passed.

Sam laughed. "You get used to it when you come here every year."

I twisted my body enough to see out of the window of Coleman's Navigator. I became even more struck, seeing the beautiful older venue for the event. The building had multiple stories with four pillars holding up the magnificent sculpted space. In the front was a large fountain with crystal-clear water filling up on the sides.

Loads of people crowded around the entrance near the doors and the valet. Lucky for us, Coleman just had to drop us off and pick us up later. The vehicle came to a full stop as I glanced at the lights surrounding the house. It was so exquisite and fancy. I would never get tired of this lifestyle.