-8-

Standing amongst hundreds of other teenagers didn't go well with Jisung's comfort zone, seeing how he had lived his whole life with his only parents by his side. The clock on the tower of the caste read 08.58.

Jisung, like everyone else, was waiting outside of the castle, ready to come inside for his physical and psychological evaluation. He was praying that he'd be getting the job as servant, wanting to make his parents proud.

Jisung listened to the conversations around himself, because he had nothing else to do. It was still 2 whole minutes left before the doors opened, and he might not even be of the first ones to get evaluated.

"Yeah, I heard the position of Lee Minho's servant is open." A voice said, making Jisung turn to it curiously.

He spotted a boy about his own age, with short black hair and soft features

"Are you going to apply for it?" The boy beside him said.

The other boy had a bit longer hair, and more sharp features.

"God no. I heard that his last servant quit because he hated Minho. Apparently he's a real bitch, and therefore no one wants to work for him anymore. He has been without a servant for almost a month now." The short haired boy said.

Jisung's curiosity got the best of him, making him exclaim a surprised 'really?'.

The two boys turned towards him, nodding their heads.

"Yeah, he's said to be stuck up and arrogant. He always hates everyone for no reason, and argues with the king daily." The long haired boy said.

Jisung's eyebrows rose in surprise.

"Were you thinking of applying?" The short haired male asked.

Jisung nodded his head.

"It's good money, and my family really needs it right now. I'm willing to serve an arrogant brat for the well being of my family." Jisung answered with a smile.

The two boys smiled apologetically.

"I'm sorry dude. But on the bright side, your chances must be high. Very few people are actually applying for it this year."

Jisung nodded his head and started walking inside together with the two boys. He decided to stick to them for now, since they seemed kind.

"I'm Jisung by the way." Jisung said with a smile.

"I'm Soobin." The short haired male said with a smile.

"And I'm Hueningkai." The long haired boy said.

Jisung smiled and nodded.

"What are you applying for?" Jisung asked, as they waited for their turns to get examined.

"I really want to join the kitchen stab. I love cooking." Hueningkai answered, clapping his hands cutely.

Jisung chuckled and nodded.

"I want to join the archer troop. My father's a hunter, so I know how to shoot already." Soobin answered.

The boys conversed for a while before they found themselves first in line. The door opened and a woman stuck her head out with a smile. She gestured Jisung inside. The young boy followed her, passing by cubicles where people were being examined in every single way possible.

"Please sit down sir. What's your name?" The woman asked, holding her pen and documents ready to write the answer.

"Han Jisung."

The woman nodded and wrote it down. Next she grabbed a needle and stuck it right into Jisung's arm without giving him any kind of warning. Jisung jumped, but let the syringe suck up some of his blood never the less.

The woman put the needle into a kind of machine, and pressed a button. Next she grabbed a small hammer and started hittilng Jisung's knees lightly. Jisung's reflexes reacted, making him kick the air. The boy giggled at the tickling feeling.

The woman wrote something down before grabbing a flashlight and a stick, and forcing Jisung's mouth open. She put the stick down onto Jisung's tongue and examined the inside of his mouth.

She wrote something more down before placing a stethoscope onto Jisung's chest, listening to the different parts of it. Next she mesured Jisung's blood pressure, and told him to get shirtless, to see if he was overweight, which he absolutely wasn't having grown up on the absolute minimum amount of food a human could survive on.

The machine next to Jisung beeped. The woman looked at it and wrote something more down. She turned to Jisung and smiled softly.

"You passed the physical test. Please go through the doors over there, for the psychological test."

Jisung did as he was told, waving softly towards Soobin as he passed by him.

Jisung entered the next room, seeing a bunch of teenagers filling out what looked like tests of some kind.

A man walked up to Jisung, handing him a form and a pen as well. Jisung took a seat across from a stranger and started filling out his own test. It had all kinds of questions. Jisung didn't see how this could be a psychological test in any way.

Once Jisung was finished he wrote his name onto it and delivered it to the man behind the counter in the end of the room. The man looked at the test for a second, probably checking that all the questions were answered, before taking out a form of his own and turning to Jisung.

"What do you wish to apply for?"

Jisung didn't hesitate with answering servant. The man looked at Jisung in disbelief for a second, before writing it down and putting Jisung's file in a pile. It was very much smaller than the rest of the piles.

"Take a seat in the waiting room please. Your name will be called for field testing in a while."

Jisung did as he was told, settling down in the waiting room.

Soobin and Hueningkai entered not long after. The 3 shared a casual conversation while waiting for their names to be called for the field evaluations. Soobin had explained to Jisung that, now that they had passed the two first tests and applyed for a field they wanted to work in, they would get picked out and taken into a final evaluation situation where they would be tested on their skills and capability to perform the job they had applied for.