-25-

"No dad, for the hundreth time, I am not marrying her." Minho groaned while pacing back and forth in his father's office, all dressed up and ready to go.

"Lee Minho, give me one good reason not to marry her. She's young, beautiful, talented, rich and of a royal family. She should have every quality a prince wants in a princess." The king argued back.

"I don't care about all that dad, why don't you understand that i want to marry someone of my own choice? I want to marry someone that i love." Minho half-yelled back.

"You spend all your time locked away in your room or hiding away with your horse. How do you expect to ever find a partner? And love? Are you kidding me, love is overrated and unnecessary."

"Yeah obviously you think that, just look at how you're treating your own son." Minho yelled back.

The king walked up to Minho, grabbing his jaw tightly.

"The only reason I'm not knocking your head off right now is because we're late for the party. Now you're gonna go down there, find someone you like, and propose a marriage contract. Understand?" The king growled into Minho's ear.

Minho pushed his father off of him, glaring his way.

"Let me live my own fucking life. I am so sick of you trying to control my ever move." Minho said before storming out of the office.

He could hear his father yell after him, but he never turned back, keeping his pace up. Voices and laughter started filling the halls, making Minho slow down to collect his anger before entering the crowd. Jisung probably already arrived, the party started half an hour ago after all.

Minho pushed his way through the crowd, ignoring the stares of annoyance and the lustful glances he received from the guests. He was well known for being single and the second son of one of the most powerful kings alive after all.

Minho started searching the room for his servant. He wanted to apologize for being late. Minho walked around the room for a while, picking up the occasional snack from the table while walking past it.

After a few minutes of not finding Jisung, Minho had started to belive he had left after not finding Minho there. Minho leaned up against a wall, looking around. He still couldnt spot anyone that looked like his chipmunk.

"Rough night?" A voice asked from beside Minho.

The person offered Minho a glass of champagne. Minho immediately accepted the glass, without looking at who was standing beside him.

"That's one way to say it." Minho said with a chuckle while looking at the drink in his hands.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No, i-"

Minho froze as he locked eyes with the person. His jaw dropped to the floor as he scanned the boy from head to toe.

"Chipmunk? W-wha- is that you?" Minho asked, stumbling over his words, which Jisung found adorable.

"I know right. You can thank Felix." Jisung answered with a laugh.

Minho chuckled along, grabbing Jisung's free hand to intertwine their fingers.

"Did something happen? I couldn't find you earlier." Jisung asked, stepping closer to his date.

Minho sighed.

"My father gave me another peptalk about how he wants me to find my future husband or wife tonight, and it turned into yet another argument. I'm sorry I left you alone here for so long." Minho said, making Jisung frown.

"Im sorry about that. And don't worry about me, i manged just fine. Or, actually this princess tried hitting on me, but then a prince saved me and I ended up talking to him and his brothers until I saw you looking around."

Minho chuckled.

"I'm not happy you got hit on, but I can't blame her either. You look ridiculously gorgeous." Minho said, making Jisung laugh.

Jisung placed a small kiss onto Minho's cheek while whispering a soft 'thank you'. The elder smiled and unlaced their fingers to wrap his free arm around the younger's waist.

"So do you wanna stay here or should we take a stroll around the room?" Minho asked.

Jisung though about it for a second.

"Let's just stay here. I enjoy your company way more than anyone elses." Jisung said with a smile.

Minho giggled and nodded his head. The elder took a glance out towards the room, still holding Jisung close.

"Aah heads up. The cameras are trying to sneak up on us." Minho said with a laugh.

Jisung looked out through the crowd in confusion, not quite understanding what Minho ment. Suddenly Jisung noticed one of the cameras ducking down behind a person. Taking another look, Jisung could spot about 3 cameras, all focusing on the two young boys by the wall.

Jisung giggled and turned to Minho.

"They seem interesting in filming us."

"Thats what I get for being the prince whose reputation is based off of the fact that I refuse to marry. Its probably gonna be all over the news that Prince Lee Minho was spotted, talking to an unknown boy."

Jisung laughed and looked back at the cameras.

"Prince Lee Minho, famous for being single. Kind of a sad brag." Jisung teased.

Minho tickled Jisung's side, making him squirm while laughing.

"Just wait and see, I won't stay single for long." Minho said.

"Oh really. Who in this world would ever want to date you?" Jisung teased, making Minho scoff.

"I'll have you know thousands of people would die to be my husband or wife." Minho said in defense.

"Oh really, then why are you single?" Jisung asked, still with a hint of a teasing tone in his voice.

Minho looked down into Jisung's eyes, giving the younger a small smile

"No one caught my interest until now." Minho said in a soft voice.

Jisung immediately blushed and hugged Minho to hide away from the people and cameras around them. Minho put his empty glass down on the table beside him and hugged the younger back while laughing.