-42-

Minho layed against his door, sobbing loudly. He didnt know how long he had been laying there, but it was long enough for the sun to come out from it's hiding spot, slowly peaking over the horizon. Minho hated the sun. He hated how it acted like nothing had happened. How it showed no mercy. Why could it not just stay away?

Today was the day after Seungmin and Hyunjin's wedding, which ment that the king, the crown prince and the newlyweds would be spending their day in the city, hosting a festivale in celebration of the royal wedding. It was tradition, a way of making the kingdom feel included. People from all over the kingdom would come to the castle to see the newlyweds for the first time, and then spend the day eating and drinking together in happiness.

Happiness. Minho hated that word. His happiness had been taken away from him like it was nothing. Like it wasn't a human life. Minho kicked his door again, feeling absolutely fatigued.

A sudden sound scared Minho, making him scoot away from the door. The door quickly opened, with Felix rushing inside. The younger immediately dove down, embracing his brother.

"Minho I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let them take Jisung, please forgive me." Felix sobbed, hugging Minho.

"Felix." Minho said, his voice broken.

Felix looked up, his lip shivering.

"He tied you up, right? He threatened to kill you if you didnt take him to us? He would have killed you if Jisung didn't go willingly?" Minho asked.

Felix nodded hos head hesitantly. Minho forced a smile.

"Its not your fault, Felix-ah. It's not your fault, none of this is your fault." Minho assured him.

"But I could have done something-"

"He would have killed you on the spot, Felix. You did the right thing." Minho said, looking into his brother's eyes.

"Jisung-"

"Jisung sacrificed himself for you. That's not your fault. Don't worry Felix. I don't hate you. You did nothing wrong." Minho sobbed.

Felix hugged Minho again, hurriedly untying him afterwards. The two stood up, Minho holding onto the door for support.

"Do you know where Jisung is?" Minho asked, rushing towards the door in the fastest tempo he could.

"The freeroaming cell?" Felix asked, shrugging.

"F-Father told me he's planning on executing him, Felix." Minho said, rushing down the hall while leaning on the wall.

Felix's face paled.

"W-What? N-No he can't do that." Felix said, grabbing Minho's arm to support him as they rushed down the hall.

"W-Where's Changbin, we need his keys." Minho said, starting to talk down the stairs to the basement.

"I haven't seen him since father pulled me away from the party yesterday." Felix said, worry lacing in his voice.

Minho and Felix kept hurrying down the stairs, throwing the door to the prison open. They rushed towards the freeroaming cell.

"JISUNG, JISUNG BABY ARE YOU HERE?" Minho yelled, looking around desperately.

Felix rushed up and down the different rows, searching for the boy.

"Jisung-ah." Minho cried, falling to his knees.

Felix ran up to Minho, helping him back up.

"He can still be alive somewhere, come on, we just gotta search a bit more." Felix encouraged.