-20-

Jisung exited the dining hall, making his way towards his master's bedroom. His heart was beating loudly in his chest. He didn't know what to expect from Minho. What state would the elder be in after spending such a long time in the basement?

Would he be aggressive? Would he be stressed? Anxious? Calm?

Jisung didnt know wether or not he should knock on the door, since he didn't really know if Minho was even in there. Eventually he decided to just silently open the door, and slip inside.

Jisung silently snuck into Minho's room, listening closely to see if he could figure out where Minho was. He couldn't hear the water in the tub moving, nor could he hear any fabricks moving in the closet.

Jisung turned around, jumping back at the sight of Minho behind him. However, Minho was standing with his back facing Jisung. Jisung looked at Minho in confusion, wondering why he was standing frozen in front of his mirror, let alone shirtless. The younger moved to the side a bit, so that he could see Minho's face through the mirror.

The elder was standing with a white shirt in his hands, and his eyes glued to his own torso. Jisung followed his gaze, spotting the scratches, bruises and small wounds littering the prince's perfectly sculpted body.

More scratches, bruises and wounds were littering his neck and back. Jisung felt his eyes tear up. What did the prince ever do to deserve this.

Minho heard a shaky breath being drawn from behind himself and quickly turned around to meet Jisung's eyes. Jisung quickly looked away, taking a few steps back.

"I-I'm so sorry your highness, i should have knocked. Please forgive me." Jisung said while looking down.

He almost looked afraid. And Minho had only himself to blame for it.

"Don't worry about it." Minho answered, no highed than a whisper.

Minho quickly got dressed and went back into his closet to finish up. Once he had put on a few accessories and pair of shoes he walked back out, seeing Jisung standing in the same spot as before.

"H-Hi." Minho whispered, making Jisung look up at him.

"Good morning your highness." Jisung silently said back, not meeting Minho's eyes.

Minho notced how uncomfortable Jisung looked. He curled his hands into fists, making sure to impale his palms on his own nails.

"If you feel uncomfortable around me i understand that. You can have as much time as you need off, I'm really sorry for what i did." Minho said, still nothing above a whisper.

Jisung looked at Minho. The elder didnt look like he was himself anymore. Where did the playful, smirking, confident Minho go?

"No, don't worry your highness, I'm not uncomfortable in your presence. I'll stay on duty as before." Jisung answered, showing the prince a smile.

Minho didn't quite believe Jisung's words but he let the boy stay on duty as he wished. The pair stood in awkward silence for a few seconds before Minho decided to exit his room. Jisung followed him like he was supposed to.

Jisung noticed how Minho was walking in the opposite direction of the dining hall, but he didn't mention it, thinking it must be because the elder didn't want to face his father.

Minho walked down the flights of stairs and through the halls of the castle, until he reached what looked like a stable. Jisung could see Jeongin emerging from one of the cubicles, quickly bowing towards the prince.

"Good morning, your highness. Do you wish to take your horse out for the day?" Jeongin asked, sounding shockingly professional in front of the royal member.

"Yes please, Jeongin-ah." Minho answered with a smile.

"Great. I'll get him saddled up and ready for you your highness." Jeongin said, bowing again.

"No, please. I'll prepare him myself, just take a break Jeongin-ah." Minho said, walking past Jeongin, and towards a door between the cubicles.

Jisung followed Minho, smiling at Jeongin as he passed him. The two entered a new stable, only this one looked a lot better than the one they had previously been in. It was painted in royal colors, the lighting was a lot better and the cubicles were bigger, allowing the horses to move around more.

Jisung noticed how there were 6 horses only, which was very little compared to the 20 horses in the previous stable.

Minho walked up to a cubicle, opening the door. The prince went in, staying in the cubicle for a couple minutes before he suddenly came back out, a horse following him.

Minho held onto the leash while guiding the horse to stand in the middle of the stable floor. Minho then walked bcak into the cubickle, coming back out carrying a saddle and a soft looking rug.

While Minho was saddling up and preparing his horse, he turned to glance at Jisung, cracking a small smile at his confused expression.

"Do you know how to ride a horse? You're free to stay if you dont feel like coming with me, but I could teach you if you wanna." Minho said while finishing up the buckles on the saddle, making sure they werent too tight.

Jisung didnt know how to react. The prince had offered to teach him how to ride a horse, what the hell do you say to that.

"I-Its entirely up to you wether you want me to come along or not your highness." Jisung said.

Minho chickled and gave his horse a few pets, making it turn to him and nudge him. Minho smiled, momentarily forgetting about everything else in this world as he scratched the place he knew his horse enjoyed the most. The tall, raven black horse rested his head against Minho's body while getting scratched.

"This is your decision Chipmunk. If you feel uncomfortable riding a horse then you stay here, but if you're willing to try and learn how to ride a horse, you can come along. It's all up to you."

"I-I... Guess i can come along." Jisung silently answered.

Minho smiled, almost stumbling to the side because his horse had nidged him with his head.

"Great. Do you want to ride a different horse, or would you be more comfortable riding with me?" Minho asked, looking at the boy.

Jisung looked at Minho, smiling softly at the sight. Minho's whole attitude and mood had changed once he came in contact with the tall, black horse - who apparently was trying to kiss Minho right now, judging by how he flapped his lips while nearing Minho's face.

"I don't know your highness, what do you suggest?" Jisung asked.

"My mother's horse rarely gets ridden nowadays, but she is still the nicest and sweetest being in this entire castle. If you're comfortable with it I'm sure she'd love it if you took her out." Minho said, looking at Jisung to see his answer.

Jisung smiled and nodded his head. Minho scratched his horse for one more second before walking past Jisung and into one of the cubicles, emerging with a tall, clean white horse.

Minho got the white horse all saddled up as well, while Jisung just stood there, watching Minho smile to himself in happiness by being near the animals.

Minho grabbed the white horse's leash and walked up to Jisung, offering it to him. Next Minho walked back up to his own horse, grabbing his least.

Minho turned to Jisung and offered him a smile before gesturing for the younger to follow him as he lead how horse rowards the doors at the end of the stable.