-9-

Jisung's name was finally called, after a couple hours of waiting. Jisung stood up and followed the man, together with the others that had their names being called.

The group entered what looked like a dining hall. It was gigantic. Mabye 20 times the size of Jisung's house. The interior was absolutely stunning and something very different from the brown and dirty walls Jisung was used to.

"Ok everyone, let's form a straight line. Great. Now, you're all here for the final evaluation before we determine who gets to fill the role of one of the servants of the castle."

The man started walking back and forth in front of the line of boys, making everyone nervous.

"Now, who can tell me the 3 main qualities of a servant? You, in green."

The boy in green gulped, before answering.

"Um.... You have to be nice, and able to carry many things at the same time-"

"No. You're absolutely incorrect, get out of here."

The boy in green bowed and silently exited the room.

"Who can answer my question? You, cheeks. Answer."

Jisung knew he was screwed. He had no idea what qualities a servant needed to have. He didn't even want to be a servant. He wanted to stay at home with his family.

'Ok. It's ok. I got this. Just think logically.'

"Obidience, sophistication and efficiency." Jisung nervously answered, not meeting the man's eyes.

"Great, now cheeks. Step forward and show me how to serve a master." Jisung stepped out of line, and walked over to the small table where a small plate of food was placed. A dish towel sat beside it, giving Jisung an idea.

Jisung placed the towel over his lower arm, and held his arm close to his body. He picked up the plate with his free hand and walked the way his mother had taught him over to the table.

Jisung led the plate over the man's shoulder, soundlessly placing it onto the table. A bottle of whine stood opened on the table. Jisung grabbed it and carefully poured the man a glass of wine, neither making any noise or spilling anything.

Jisung put the wine back down onto the table, he moved back and bowed before walking away. Jisung got back into line, chewing his lip nervously.

"Good job, cheeks." the man said before standing up from his chair.

Jisung smiled and nodded his head as a thank you.

"Now, can anyone tell me a servant's 3 main rules?" the man asked.

"Blue hoodie."

The boy in the blue hoodie only shook his head nervously.

The man sighed and gestured for the boy to leave.

The man turned to Jisung again.

"Do you know this one as well, cheeks?"

Jisung bit his lip.

'Think logically, Jisung'

"Never speak unless spoken to. Move soundlessly and invisibly. Close your ears when i the presence of a conversation." Jisung guessed.

It seemed logical, but it probably wasn't. He just took a wild guess after all.

"Good job, cheeks."

The man kept on asking the group questions. The group kept shrinking, but Jisung was lucky enough to stay until he was the very last applicant in the room.

He looked at the man with scared eyes. The man knew what power he held over Jisung at the moment.

"Mr. Han. You meet every requirement for the job. You're hereby hired as Pince Lee Minho's personal servant for your whole year of duty."

Jisung smiled widely. He did it. He would be able to give his family money. Jisung bowed and thanked the man.

"I'm sorry for asking, sir, but would you mind telling me the requirements?" Jisung asked, giving in to his curiosity.

"No problem, Mr. Han. The royal house requires that their servants pass both the physical and psychological test, as well as the servants evaluation. In addition to this, Mr. Lee requested a servant his own age, and whom, quote-on-quote 'aren't sickening to look at'"

Jisung giggled and nodded his head.

"Now if you'd please follow me, Mr. Han, I'll show you to your room.

Jisung nodded his head and followed the man through the many halls of the castle.

"You'll be getting a tour later today, but it won't be entirely necessary because you'll be staying by prince Minho's side at most times. Prince Minho is very Strict when it comes to following his orders exactly, and always being punctual. Other than that, just do as he says and you should be fine. You'll notice very quickly that prince Minho can be quite a handful, but once you get on his good side he is quite a good person. Remember to always speak formally towards any member of the royal family, and towards employees of higher ranking than yourself."

The man pulled out a key, and opened a door with it. The door opened to show a small room. It may be small compared to the castle, but it was much bigger than Jisung's whole house still.

Jisung went inside, seeing his duffle bag sitting securely on his bed. The man followed Jisung inside, talking still.

"Your bathroom is through there. It already has everything you may need. Your uniform is in the closet together with three spare uniforms. You have 2 hours to yourself now, before you are supposed to meet in the dining hall where you had your evaluations, for your tour, and lastly to meet the royal family. You officially start your work tomorrow morning. Make sure to be awake and dressed before 06.00am, because that's when breakfast is being served for the workers. Prince Minho wants to be awaken at 07.00am every morning. Make sure to be precise."

"Of course. Thank you sir." Jisung said before bowing.

The man tossed Jisung a set of keys and smiled before exiting the room.

Jisung sighed and melted into the bed. He turned over and grabbed the alarm clock on his night stand. He put an alarm on for 05.00am, groaning at the thought of getting up at 5 every morning. Next Jisung took a warm shower. It was very different from the showers back home. He had proper soap, and the water was actually clean. It felt so refreshing. Once Jisung was all clean, he got dressed and styled his hair to look nice.

The shampoo made his hair feel heavenly. It was a huge improvement from his usual flat and greecy hair. Lastly Jisung took a look around the room, looking for anything that might be of use. He spotted a wristwatch on a shelf together with some books.

Genius. Now he could make sure he was punctual to everything Minho told him. Jisung put the watch on. He also noticed a small box on the shelf. Jisung slowly and carefully opened it, spotting a small necklace. It was absolutely adorable. Jisung couldn't help but placing it around his neck.

Jisung looked at himself in his full body mirror. He loved the sight of himself. His body didn't look dirty anymore. His soft and milky skin tone actually showed. The way his whole appearance had changed made him think that it wasn't even himself.

Jisung checked the time. He decided that he still had a few minutes befor he had to go down, so he decided to write to his family.

Jisung wrote a small letter, telling them about the job, about his room, about the castle, the people he had met. Everything.

Jisung's heart beat loudly in his ribcage. He was nervous for the new life ahead of him.