Chapter 23

"Don't know what to do. Don't know what to feel. But this ain't right. I guess?"-Author

*Lisa's POV*

I'm about to sleep now when someone called me. Its D, why is she calling this late night. Ugh.

"Yeah?", I said on the line.

"Hello. Is this Lisa? I'm sorry. But Ms. Diana already drunk here and she's repeatedly saying Lisa. I tried to open her phone and search your name then called you. Maybe you can pick her up?", someone told me on the line.

"Speaking. Yes. Just text me the address. Thank you", then I already hang up the call.

Damn it. D is not really thinking anymore. Doesn't she realized she's a celebrity and might get so much issues about this. Especially if they will saw me pick her up. It will get worse.

"Hey, Palisa", I called my bestfriend.

"Seriously, L. This late night?", she protested.

"Listen. Please clean our mess", I said.

"What mess?", she asked.

"D got drunk on the club. Imma pick her up. I'm on my way now. Please. Make this clear to avoid issues", I said.

"Damn it", she said.

"Please", I said.

"Done", she said.

The person I can always lean on to and clear my mess. My bestfriend. She always do everything for me to be invisible in medias.

I saw D. She's really drunk. She never get drunk like this. I thought she hates alcohol and damn. I didn't realized I had my pajamas on to pick her up. Is this how much I hurriedly came here and forgot to change my clothes? Ugh. Damn it.

I took D in the car and take her home. It will be better if her family won't see her drunk. I just called her mom that she's with me so that they won't worry anymore.

"Lisaaaaa", she said.

"Yes?", I said.

"Why not me? Why can't be me? Why it will never be me? Why? Am I not that enough? Tell me. I will do my best to fit in your crib", she laugh. "Yah. Remember that lyrics in one of your songs. Your crib could fit in my crib. You really so hot while rapping", she added.

"You're really drunk", I mumble.

Then I didn't hear her speak anymore. She already asleep coz of alcohol. I didn't expect she will go this far. Maybe she's already tired of waiting for me.

I asked myself the same question everyday. You're right, why not just you? Because the one I love will never be back. Like what you said, I can still love her in different way and I also deserve to love and be love again because the one I love will never love me back again.

Lisa, why? Why can't you just move on? Why don't you just try it? We'll never know if we won't try it. Right? So am I ready to risk again? To love again? To feel the happiness and pain again? But what of the same old story will happen again? I don't think I can stand up again if ever that will happen. But did I really already stand up the day I fell?

I didn't realize I fell asleep while in deep thoughts. But when I woke up. I can't see D in my bed. Maybe she already get home? So I went to the bathroom before I went to the kitchen. I feel hungry when I smell the pancake mom's cooking.

"Oh. You're up!", I was startled when I saw D's the one cooking.

"Yeah. I thought mom's the one cooking", I said.

"No. Your mom and dad left early to attend meeting in a province. I already forgot where it is", she explained.

"Oh", I said. Then it becomes silent. "How's your head?", I asked to break the silent.

"Guess a little hangover", she smiled. "I'm sorry last night. I disturbed you", she added.

"Oh. So you already know what happened?", I asked and smiled.

"Yeah. Palisa told me a while back. She's like a mad tiger", she said.

"What did she said?", I asked.

"I'm not allowed yet to get out. To avoid issues", she said.

"I thought its already cleared", I mumble.

"Yeah. It is. But I just need to rest for a day. You know why. They still need time to forget what happened and is my fault", she said.

"Hey. That's fine", I said while I caress her shoulder.

"I am sorry. Thank you so much", she said and smiled.

"Would you mind to go out later?", I asked.

"Where are we going? I don't have clothes", she said.

"I had so many extra clothes. You can wear what you wanna wear", I said.

Jen, hun. I'm not gonna replace you. I will just gonna add someone who will love me but no one could ever beat our love for each other. Hun, i'm being brave now. I will risk again. I promise my love for you will never change. I said this words while my eyes is closed and imagined you were infront of me. I'm saying this words while waiting for D. She's really that sluggish when it comes to preparing herself. Damn. Don't tell me I will always be like this when I already her girlfriend. Omg.

Now there she is. Entering my car. I am lying if I tell you guys she's not pretty but she really is. She wore shorts and blue crop top with white sneakers. How can someone looks so good with just that outfit. Huh?

I don't know what i'm saying anymore. I don't know what i'm feeling right now but my heart is beating madly. Is my heart flutter seeing D? Or just a side effect of the coffee I drink a while back? But I only know this ain't right. The last time my heart flutters is the day I promised Jennie to pick her up at the VIP exit of the airport. Am I feeling something now for D? Or am I still on the confused side? I don't know anymore.

I don't know if you guys still like this story. But I hope so. Thank you.

Vote! Follow! Comment!