Chapter Thirteen

Semiloore yawned as she slumped on her bed. Tests were approaching and Oxford was very hellish for her.

Tamiloore stretched a bottle of water to her "Its chilled" she said.

"Oh gracious God, thank you so much" Semiloore said as she drained it all in a go.

"Pele" Tamiloore said with a small smile.

"Mom?" Semiloore asked.

"She's not back yet" Tamiloore replied.

"She comes home late these days" Semiloore complained.

"Shouldn't she? You know your mom is a popular surgeon right? The hospital probably found that out" Tamiloore defended immediately.

"Mom said the man actually gave her a quite high position considering her level of experience and the university she went to" Semiloore said.

"Yeah, that's surprising though" Tamiloore added.

"I'm so famished" Semiloore said again.

"Take a break then" Tamiloore replied as she exited the room.

"So as usual for the upcoming tests, we maintain our reading groups, I would have loved to re-shuffle us but it might cause a ruckus since someone new joined us" Mr Williams said.

Semiloore scoffed "I'm fine on my own sir" Semiloore said.

"No the fact you are new even makes it more mandatory, Rolake you join Jerry's group and you'll join Nath's group" Mr Williams replied.

"Sir, why am I always stuck with them huh?" Semiloore asked with a small pout and everyone laughed lightly.

"They are the best" Mr Williams said.

"What even makes you think I can't do fine on my own?" Semiloore asked.

Mr Williams shrugged "Don't give me headaches girl" he replied.

"Roger that sir" Semiloore replied boredom obvious in her voice.

Semiloore carried her chair and sat beside Joshua "This is freaking exhausting" she said her eyes downcast.

"We haven't even started yet" Christian replied laughing. He just liked Semiloore, to many people she was just loud and foul mouthed but to him, she was just someone who's made life simple and easy for herself. He liked her vibes.

"What subject are we taking first?" Christian asked.

"Normally we take Maths but since Semiloore just joined, let her choose" Nath replied.

Semiloore yawned "I'm tired guys" she said as she dropped her head on Joshua's shoulder.

"Do you have water prick?" She asked.

"Ask Nath" Joshua said.

Semiloore turned to him without a word and just blinked her eyes like a puppy. Nathaniel shook his head as he stretched the bottle to her.

Semiloore collected it and drained the whole bottle
"Semiloore!" Christian and John chorused.

"What?" Semiloore asked.

"You finished it" John replied.

"Ohh, sorry" Semiloore said.

"Just give me my bottle"Nath said.

"No" Semiloore said.

Nathaniel sighed, she was going to drive him nuts if he tried arguing with her.