Chapter Forty Nine

Tara pursed her lips as she stepped out of the writing hall. She had pretty much finished within the first 45 minutes but had read and read her work all over again.

Snr Feranmi who had written this exam twice, her name did not come out meaning she didn't pass the exam. Snr Feranmi was an English guru who was respected a lot.

And now that she wrote it,she who was no where near Snr Feranmi; maybe it would be same. She sat down at the waiting area as others students chatted joyfully among themselves.

Nathaniel glared at Semiloore as he sat down they had just finished the first round.

"You did well" Semiloore said with a big smile.

"You should go for the next round"

"What's the next round?"

"The how many questions you can answer correctly in 20 seconds"

"You are going"

"I'm not gonna make it"

"Of course you are"

Deji and Rolake were also doing well at their side. This time around both of them wore an air of arrogance making others schools give them full attention.

"Oxford, your question?"

"Number 11"

"How many states have Federal Universities?"

Everyone froze. Just what kind of question was that. Rolake smiled slyly at the man "Every state has but states which do not have Federal Universities have Federal University of Technology or Federal University of Agric well except Kebbi state, Yobe state and Zamfara state"

The man looked puzzled "Correct"

Deji shifted closer to her "You read that?"

"My parents hope I take jamb this year to test my capabilities so I checked through jamb brochure that I was when I saw it"

"Oh"

"I didn't know such things come in handy"

Rolake laughed slightly as the questions went round again.

"Oxford"

"Number 102"

"What's the full meaning of DIA?"

"Defence Intelligence Agency"

As the questions kept going round and round the judges were impressed.

"We have to come to the end of this section. Please let's appreciate our students"

A loud applause graced the auditorium.

"Unfortunately for most of the students, their journey ends here. I'll admit everyone of us tried and it was a tough competition but there were people better. We are now down to five schools, Oxford International College, Model Secondary School, Greater Tomorrow International School, ECWA Secondary School and finally Bethel College. We'll meet in ten minutes to decide who the winner of this year BDS Current Affairs Quiz is. Please stay with us. Thank you"

Rolake smiled at the woman selling snacks as she collected her change.

"You don't look as scared as yesterday"

"I adjusted"

Deji chuckled "I wonder how Tara is doing"
"I hate her but I wish her name pops up on her list. Although I have my doubts"

"What doubts?"

"Snr Feranmi has written this essay twice. I mean twice and her name didn't even get to the first list"