Chapter Twenty Nine

And just like that,a week had almost passed. They had visited a lot of places during that period. They had visited Indomie factory in Lagos, Badagry, Sultan Beach in Lagos,Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos and they learnt it was one of the busiest airport in Nigeria.

They had also visited Nigeria Institute of Medical Research,Yaba,Lagos,they visited UCTH,one of the biggest teaching hospitals in Nigeria.They visited University of Ibadan Zoo in Ibadan,Ministry of Agriculture where they were taken to a farm and where shown how fertilizers where applied and were shown how it was made.

They visited Federal Institute For Industrial Research,Ibadan, Institute of Applied Research Ibadan.

They were going back home after the hectic week but it was still remaining a  few places for them to visit;an orphanage and Erin Ijesa waterfalls.

The bus honked at the gates which on it was boldly inscribed HOPE'S ORPHANAGE. The buses drove inside the orphanage and everyone started opening their bags and bringing out money and passing it to the front.

"What's going on?"

"What does it look like?"

"I don't know"

"Oh sorry,the money we donate to them,we usually contribute it"

"Ohh,that's nice" Semiloore said passing some amount of money to the front.

The students got down and milled into the house.
The children were already gathered as they entered.

"Hi everyone" someone said and they waved at the children. Some of them seemed uninterested as they looked at them with boredom.

"How has been your day and everything?"

"Fineee"

"We are your friends and we came to have fun with you guys"

The children gave a small yelp and everyone laughed and clapped.

"What do you want us to do first?"

"Could you please sing for us?"

"Sing?"

"Yes"

Everyone pursed their lips.

"Sorry dearie,we aren't much of singers,am afraid you'll die of our terrible voices" Yinka said with a smile.

"Can't this pretty auntie sing?"

Semiloore eyes widened "Me?"

"Yes"

"Pretty people have beautiful voices" the little boy said and everyone laughed.

Semiloore said as she sat down on the floor crossing her legs.

"What's your name?"

"Ayobami"

"Awwn..what a cute name" Semiloore cooed and the boy blushed.

"You shouldn't sing if you can't"

"At least give it a trial, they specifically asked to sing" Semiloore cooed at others.

"So you guys listen to a lot of music here?" She asked.

"Yes,the elderly ones play music here a lot" the orphanage assistant said.

"Ohh,so Ayobami and everyone is there any specific song you want me to sing?" Semiloore asked.

"Hmmmmm..."

"How are you sure you'll know the song we'll ask you to sing?" Ayobami asked.

"Why don't you ask first?" Semiloore asked confidently.