Chapter Thirty Seven

Semiloore barely ate half of her food when she dropped her spoon. She picked up her phone and clicked on Nathan's message again as tears streamed down her cheeks.
"I'm so sorry Nathaniel" she murmured as clutched to her phone.

Semiloore wore a blank expression as she walked into the bus that morning. She managed to smile at the bus driver as she walked to her seat.

Her skirt was even zipped. She walked past her usual seat and sat down in the always ever empty seat and Tamiloore sat beside her. Semiloore opened the window and let the morning breeze fan her.

She really did love this place but seemed like they would be moving soon. Maybe they could move to a village,villages are always quiet and nobody noses into your business.

"Aren't you going to talk to Nathaniel?" Tamiloore asked.

"I don't know" Semiloore replied.

"Did you see the look on everyone's face?" Tamiloore asked again.

"Do I need to see it? They must think of me as a murderer" Semiloore replied scared to meet the looks on everyone's face even though she knew everyone was looking at her.

"For once Semiloore you are wrong"

"Wrong?"

"Meet their gazes please"

Semiloore took a sharp intake of breadth,her tears on the verge of falling down. She raised her eyes and was shocked.

Almost every gaze held pity,they were also sorry. It was Jerry who first spoke.

"Will you hear me out?" He asked.

"Is there any reason I should?"

"No. No reason"

"That's good because I won't listen to you"

"Of course listen because you have ears not because you want to hear. I'm sorry, we are sorry. We didn't even realize you had to go through such a thing. I must admit its very scary, we are still your friends no matter what happens. What you did should be written down on the walls of friendship. Don't see yourself as anything else, what you did shows how much you loved her, how much you protected her,not everyone can see that but fortunately we can. Semiloore don't guilt strip yourself any longer,  we apologize for our earlier behavior if anything now, we do really want to share your burden" Jerry said.

Tears had began to flow down her cheeks as she glanced at the students "You.....guys.....don't...... really think of me as a murderer huh?"

"Babe come on" Christian said as he walked up to her and pulled her into a hug. Semiloore just clutched unto him wetting his shirt.

"Ya! I'm a fine boy at school if you wet my shirt how do you want the girls to think of me as sexy huh?"

Everyone burst into laughter and even Semiloore laughed against his shirt.

"I'll told him you'll be fine,i knew you were going to be"

Semiloore eyes trailed after Nathaniel as he walked out of the class. Maria was looking nervously around. Semiloore still hadn't spoken a word to her.

What kind of friend was she? She even dared to call herself her best friend and in a such a small controversy,she had to think if she should stay by her side or not.
I'm a full blown idiot.

Tamiloore walked into the class shaking her head.
"You should talk to him"

"I'm scared Tammy"

"Why?"

"Just very scared. You know what happens when I'm close to people am scared of. I don't have my inhaler and moreover I don't want people finding out am asthmatic" Semiloore replied.