Chapty Fifty Six

They continued talking till night fell. Leke quickly noticed that although he played with them like mates, they still respected him and minded the words they spoke to him.

"Its late already you guys have talked too much" Mrs Omolola said bringing plates to fruits into the room.

"Why? We may never see them again" Samuel whined.

"Okay,okay"

Everyone soon retired to the rooms allocated to them. Nathaniel heard a knock on the boys room door while Peter stood up to open the door.

"Semiloore?" He turned immediately to Nath "She wants to see you"

"Semiloore what's wrong?"

"Nothing" Semiloore replied with a smile and instantly he knew she was lying. Nathaniel whizzed past him as the girl clutched unto him immediately.

As Peter closed the door,he sighed. He called himself her best friend yet he had to find out everything when everyone else knew.

He found it out to know when she was alright. He remembered when she first came,she talked and played around with them but now;she was always with Nathaniel.

He needed nobody to tell him,Nath understood her the most. They were more like best friends than boyfriend and girlfriend. He just couldn't believe they had drifted so much apart. He couldn't remember when last she laughed with him or talked to him.

She didn't even realize the fact that he liked her a whole lot. He smiled sadly.

"Why such a sad smile?" Christian asked with a grin. Peter smiled in reply.

"Don't think about it too much. She'll always be your best friend its just that you can't understand her the way Nath does"

Peter turned to Christian in surprise. He had always wondered too. How could these guys figure out whatever was happening by just looking?

"How'd you know?"

Christian raised an eyebrow at him as if to ask him if he was serious.

"I have eyes to see dude"

"You think she'll always be my best friend?"

"She always is"

"We so distant"

"Partially your fault. Your jealousy that she liked Nath was killing you"

"Huh? Jealousy? Why would I be jealous?"

"You liked her right? Don't even try denying it"

Peter was tongue-tied "Dude, were you stalking me or what?"

"Please, I am a practical science student. I observe what goes on around me"

"This is pure psychology!"

"If you say so"

"You think Nath is a better match for her than me?"

"Yes"

"Why? Because he's more handsome?" Peter asked with a frown.

"No. Apart from Tamiloore, I don't think anyone understands Semiloore the way Nath does. I mean we were at the hotel and the girls room door opened and he already knew it was her. Couldn't it be any of the girls? Nathaniel also changed because of her. He actually became approachable and less cold. I thought how he would get a wife with that attitude of his but seems like I was wrong. Look Peter, you have to understand Semiloore to keep your friendship solid. You can't be as good as Nath but you can give it a shot"