Chapter Fifty Nine

The small class was silent as Semiloore and others wrote their exams.

Everyone had watched the live competition on the projector in the hall. The school had purposely canceled all exams on that day and made everyone come to the hall to watch it.

Words couldn't describe the happiness on the faces of the SSS2 students. While a smaller population of the SSS3 students has a surprised look on their faces, a larger population had a look shock on their faces. Moyo fell amongst the latter, she couldn't just believe it.

That bad mouthed idiot was a Cowbellpedia two-time champion? She didn't even look like someone who had something upstairs!

Although shocked,a lot of them had started posting and bragging on social media. Some made short videos of the school rejoicing and posted it on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and other social media platforms.

Maria was overjoyed. They had made it.

Their classmates waited patiently for the champions to submit their last papers. Jerry was the first to step outside before Joshua followed.

Semiloore and Nathaniel soon emerged from the class.

Semiloore broke her pen as she made a funny movement and threw her hands in a wavy style in the air attracting attention.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

Semiloore gave a short laugh,  "Sorry,It's something we do at Hicol Lag after we finish our exams.

We break our pens and throw our hands up in the air like this" she replied repeating the gesture.

"Ohh" Joshua said as he broke his pen and made the gesture.

"That's so cool"

Nobody expected Jerry to also break his pen and make the gesture.

"Jerry looked hot doing that just now"

"Where's my pen?"

"I want to do it too"

Soon everyone was breaking their pens and throwing up their hands in the air.

Happiness and carefreeness was in the air as the students started breaking their pens laughing.

"Your pen did not break,kwa"

Everybody burst into laughter at the situation as the boy kept trying to break the pen but the pen didn't budge.

"There's an emergency assembly ohh" someone hollered into the class.

The hall was filled to the brim and was very noisy as the students chatted within themselves. The noise died down the minute the principal tapped on the mic.

"Good day everyone"

"Good day sir"

"The purpose of this assembly is just for one purpose, to officially thank our cowbellpedia competitors. 

We all watched the live feed that day and we all saw and heard that we were victorious,something that hasn't happened in years. Let's give a warm welcome to Semiloore and Nathaniel!"

The hall roared with clapping as the students stood up as Semiloore and Nathaniel walked up the podium.

"When Semiloore's mom brought their results to me and said she wanted to enroll her kids in SS2 it was weird. She said they would cope and showed me their results and I was surprised so I allowed them to enroll in our school. Little did I know that you would be our 'good luck'"

Everybody in the hall laughed slightly as the principal gave the mic to Nathan.

"Hello everyone" his deep voice rumbled through the hall "I just want to say thank you to the school for allowing us to take this opportunity. And to all who had trust in us. Thank you" he added as he passed the mic to Semiloore. The students clapped earnestly as he stepped aside.