Chapter Fifty Three

All others looked puzzled for a while.

"I'll see you" Imisi said blowing kisses as she walked away.

"What the fuck was that?"

"If your real competitors treat you this cool, they are all nice to you. How could your own school mates treat you like that?"

Semiloore shook her head "Let's not talk about that. Olamide, did you make the video?"

"Every single detail"

Semiloore smiled "Don't post it yet. Wait for me"

"Okay"

The programs soon started as the participants were being called.

"Oxford International School, Akure; we have Oladele Nathaniel and Ajayi Oluwasemiloore"

Nathaniel walked in front while Semiloore walked behind him. The camera zoomed on both of them faces while people clapped.

"Wait a minute! Oh my god! That is Ajayi Oluwasemiloore, a two-time champion!"

The audience gave her a standing ovation till she got to her seat and sat down. She smiled at Winnie and Dare who sat opposite her.

The man continued to praise her until Semiloore had to stand up and bow to the audience and judges. One of the judges moved closer to his microphone.

"Its a great pleasure to see you again Semiloore"

"Same here,Mr Clement"

"I didn't see you at the previous ones so I thought you took a break but seeing you now is relieving"
Semiloore smiled a little.

"OICA, that's the school you are representing?"

"Yes"

"Not Hicol Lag?"

"We moved few months ago"

"Ohh"

"Such a loss for Hicol Lag"

"How do you feel competition against someone you once worked with" another judge asked.

"It don't feel anything out of the ordinary. I feel really fine"

"Whoa! That's great!"

"Do you still feel confident that you will carry the championship again this year even if you are no longer a student of Hicol Lag?"

"I sincerely feel great. Being a two time champion is what everyone here aspires to be for some people if its once, they are cool. My confidence is actually okay and should I say I feel more confident?"

"More confident?"

"Yes"

"Whoa!"

"That's really interesting"

"So, Semiloore as a two time champion do you have any words for your counterparts?"

"Yes. I know you all worked hard to be here, please don't get intimidated by me, I also worked hard to get to where I am. If at all you want to get intimidated by someone, it should be the guy sitting next to me" Semiloore said with a short laugh.

"I wish you all best of luck"

The camera zoomed on Nathaniel who had a straight face.

"The guy next to you?"

"His name is Nathaniel, for short its Nath"

"Nice to meet you Nath"

Nath stood up and bowed his head in greeting.