Chapter Twenty Five

"What do you mean Joe?" Maria asked bewildered.

"You heard me,Maria" John replied anger seeping into his veins.

"That's way too familiar" Maria said.

"I know right" John muttered.

"Why couldn't you guys just ask her?" Maria asked.

"Maria,is there something wrong with your sense? Okay, imagine walking up to Semiloore and asking her "You and Professor Joseph once dated before right?" "He is an ex-boyfriend abi?" Girl, If I were her I would at least slap the asker of such dumb questions and if anybody is to even dare and ask such questions,it shouldn't be us" John replied harshly.

"But they such have a past" Maria said.

"That's certain" John added.
.
.
.
.
.
Semiloore gave Nathaniel a small smile as the latter handed her a bottle of coke.

"You good?" He asked softly still editing the pictures.

"I think so" came Semiloore short reply.

"Okay" Nathaniel replied as he tried not to glance at her. Her puffy eyes were hidden behind the sunglasses.

They pulled into Osun State Water Corporation which was their next destination and the bus stopped while the students came down.

Mr Williams and the other two teachers walked into the buildings while the students chatted away.

"Semiloore?" Peter called softly.

"Huh?"Semiloore asked.

"Did you cry?" He asked.

"No" Semiloore replied.

"You are wearing sunglasses when there is no sun. How many times do I have to remind you,you suck that much at lying?" Peter asked.

Semiloore smiled softly the glasses still hiding her eyes, "Nothing is going to change either ways"

"What's your relationship with Professor Joseph?" Peter asked.

"What do you think?" Semiloore asked with a smile.

"Semiloore! I'm serious right now" Peter bellowed.

"I'm asking you what you think!" Semiloore shot back.

"I don't know!" Peter replied.

"Then forget about it" Semiloore said.

"Semiloore,why are you being difficult? Why won't you let me share your burden?!" Peter asked with concern written all over his face.

Semiloore turned to him "You don't want to share my burden,you are just curious" she replied.

Peter swallowed her saliva "Semiloore...." He started.

"Let her be" Christian curtly  interrupted and Peter frowned immediately.

"This isn't any of business Christian" he said.

"Semiloore is my friend okay? And the way you are just asking her questions is making her uncomfortable! And if anyone should even ask such questions,it shouldn't be you"Christian replied as Peter's frown increased as he folded his arms,

"Really?" He asked.

Christian eyes changed to a lighter shade "Don't get all worked up,just let her be okay?"

Semiloore leaned against Joshua who just glanced briefly at her and continued playing his game.

Mr Williams and the other teachers came back after a while.