Chapter Twenty Two

The students were energized as they saw the bold inscription OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY ILE IFE.

"Finally" someone breathed.

The song changed to Justin Bieber "Drummer Boy" and since it was quite a popular song everyone was singing attracting the university students attention as they drove through the school.

The bus pulled at the a car park as Semiloore quickly paused the music as Mr Williams asked a girl,Jola to pray.

"Our eternal rock of ages,we are grateful for granting us journey mercies.... "

The class teacher of other buses got down and walked towards their bus while Mr Williams got down.

"The students should eat first right?"

"Let's see the situation first"

A middle aged man walked towards the teachers with smiles.

"Welcome" he said.

"Thank you Professor Alan" Mr Williams said.

"You came quite early,its barely 11am" Prof Alan said.

"We took off early"

"Ohh we thought that you might not get you till around 12,Professor Joseph has a lecture now"

"Okay,the students hadn't had anything so we'll take them to eat to wile away time" Mr Williams said.

"No need,I'll just you order, there are how many students?" He asked.

"105"

"Just science students?"

"Yes"

"Whoa! I'll get it now,let them get out to take them out to get some fresh air"

"Thank you sir"

"You guys c'mon out"

The doors opened and the students trooper out attracting attention. Their uniform was naturally very eye catching and bright.

The bus didn't turn off the music as the students some was still singing softly. X class sat down as someone served the food while others classes looked on with jealousy.

"Semiloore's mom is so cool" someone from O class said aloud.

"The food is pretty much,you guys can join"

Some of Semiloore's friends came and ate part,F class was put in the most awkward position as they could only look on awkwardly.

"Why do I feel like there is tension between F class and the others classes"

"Of course"

"What do you expect?"

"They still feel ashamed at least"

The students soon finished eating and started looking around. The driver of X class bus increased the volume of the music and the music was loud enough for all the students as they waited.

The music changed to Naira Marley "Opotoyi". Instantly the students were geared up as some of stood up and started dancing while the rest sang.
Oxford had always been getting beaten at dancing competitions not because they weren't good but because there were better dancer than them.

So of course they attracted attention of the following university students who were either going for their lectures or those who were returning from.

"A shey opotoyi,  asho le fi bo" the students sang as others danced.

"Which station is this?"

"Station keh?"