Chapter Fifty Eight

Leke ran downstairs as he heard voices.

"What are you guys doing here?"

Peter shook his head "Are you sending us away?"

Leke laughed "No. You guys aren't going back to Akure today?" He asked.

"Nah"

"Snr Leke" Semiloore called.

"Congratulations"

"Thank you"

"Is this your mom?"

"Yeah"

"Good evening ma"

"Good evening. How are you?"

"I'm fine ma"

"Where's Snr Semiloore?" Olivia asked.

"I don't know"

Nathaniel sighed as he stood up and walked outside the house. His eyes scanned the compound as he walked to the backyard.

He found her sitting down, all curled up. He sighed again as he stood and stared at her from a distance before walking up to her.

"Miss him alot?" He asked as he sat beside her and Semiloore hugged him immediately.

"I don't know" she mumbled.

FLASHBACK

"Excuse me,there's a man looking for you"

"Me?" Semiloore asked.

"Yes. He's wearing your fan base top. Probably a man who just wants to talk to you" the girl replied as Semiloore smiled at her.

"Thank you" she replied before walking to the direction the girl pointed to.

Semiloore froze as she sighted the person waiting for her. He still looked the same, handsome as always. His hands were behind his back and he actually wore the fanbase top.

"Hi" the man said and Semiloore turned on her heels to walk away.

"Oluwasemiloore, I'm sorry"  the man said.

The man's voice stopped her. The voice was full of regret and emotion.

She turned swiftly to him "For what? Why are you sorry?"

The man trembled at the harshness of her voice.

"For leaving you and your sister. It was a tough choice back then"

"Tough choice? Between your career and your family? Should that even be options?" Semiloore asked.

"I was at the peak of my career. Everyone wants to be successful and at that time I was close to success how could I just... "

"Either ways your career came first. Nice one Mr Micheal" Semiloore replied shaking her head.

What a fool she had been. While she was missing him and wishing he came back home,all he was thinking was how to make his career successful.

So the family was a joke to him. Tears rolled down her eyes as she turned to walk away. She couldn't bear to listen any longer.

"I regret choosing my career over my family. Even when I became successful,there was no one to celebrate with me"

Semiloore didn't say anything as the man continued.
"Maybe I should have persevered, I should have put my family first, I should have known that Family is everything. Every damn thing"

Semiloore turned to him in tears "But you didn't know then"

"Joyce, she brought you up so well. Look at how big and beautiful you are"