Chapter Thirty Two

More than half of the students were already sleeping by the time the bus drove into Ondo state. It was already past 10pm already so one couldn't really blame them.

Nathaniel had Semiloore's head on his laps. She was asleep and was breathing really slowly. He noticed that quickly and attributed it to her asthma.

People who had asthma always either breathe very heavily or very slowly while sleeping. By 10:50pm, the bus had started dropping students and most students had their dads' come inside the bus to carry them while their dad's moms siblings carry the luggage.

The bus stopped in front of Semiloore's house and since he was always the last person they picked,she was the last in the bus except that she still had her head in Nath's laps. The driver horned and the gates soon opened after.

Mr Williams got down and dropped the big warmer Mrs Ajayi had used to give them food and Tamiloore hurriedly carried it inside dragging Semiloore's box with her.

"Sorry for the trouble sir" Mrs Ajayi said.

"Its okay ma'am" Mr Williams quickly replied.

Nathaniel shook Semiloore slowly "Hey wake up, we are home" Nathaniel said.

"Home?" Semiloore asked sleepily.

"Yes" Nathaniel replied.

"I want to sleep" Semiloore whined as she clung unto Nathaniel's neck.

"Jeez...that's a steel grip you've got babe" Nathaniel said wincing a little.

Semiloore didn't even bother replying as he carried her out of the bus giving her mom a curtsive nod.

Mrs Ajayi saw a very handsome guy carry Semiloore in his arms while Semiloore clung unto his neck like her life depended on it.

She smiled a little as she noticed they were wearing matching pull overs. It was Nathaniel first time in Semiloore's house. It was nothing as huge as his but the small compound was neat and beautiful.

Even in the dark,he could make out flowers arranged in a row. Tamiloore gave him an appreciative smile as she opened the door to Semiloore's room.

He walked inside and dropped Semiloore on the bed but Semiloore didn't release her steel grip on his neck. Nathaniel winced immediately which made Tamiloore laugh.

"This girl is nuts..." She said.

Nathaniel groaned "Semiloore abeg nah,I need to go home"

The latter didn't even budge. "Jesus Christ,this girl is going to break my cervical" Nathaniel said.

Tamiloore burst into laughter again as she tried to forcefully pry Semiloore's hands from his neck but instead the grip got tightened.

"Ha,ha,ha.....don't,that's enough" Nathaniel said while Tamiloore covered her mouth to avoid her laughter from waking Semiloore up.

"Its so noisy" Semiloore murmured from her sleep.

Nathaniel chuckled "Do you know you are about to strangle me right now?" He asked and Semiloore opened an eye slowly before opening the other.

She quickly let go noticing how she was clinging unto him.

"Why am I holding you like that?" She asked.

Nathaniel scoffed as he straightened up "I thought so" he replied as he walked out of the room and gave a curtsive bow to Mrs Ajayi.

"You are Nathaniel right?" She asked.

Nath wore a surprised look "Yes ma"

Mrs Ajayi touched his shoulder "Thank you"

Nobody even bothered to go and check on Semiloore the next morning. Since it was Saturday,Tamiloore and her mom had woken up and done their prayers.