Chapter Forty Seven.

The Cowbellpedia competiton was different. Nobody had time to be taunting other schools but the way they glared at each other and looked at each other spoke volumes than words.

"There are two sections here babe. You go first" Semiloore said as Nathaniel looked surprised and pointed to himself.

"Me? First?" He asked.

"Yeah. You go first"

"I'm still a little nervous. I could break down or..... "

Semiloore brought a finger to his lips stopping him.

"That's enough. I watched you read day and night for this. I watched you lose your sleep and over work yourself. You are perfect for this. Your nervous could make your hands shaky might not be able to pick your answers quickly but its fine. As long as you can stay in the first twenty schools. We can screw the first section but if we screw the second; we are gone"

Nathaniel nodded as the contestants started walking to their stand.

"Babe"

"Huh?"

"If you stay in the top ten, I'll tell you my dad's story"

Nathaniel smiled a little as he walked over to his own stand attracting attention.

"Hello everyone, the senior section of the first round is about to start. I am sure you all know the rules. So let's do this quickly. Please endeavour to quickly pick your answers before the timer goes off. You have 60seconds to answer the questions in front of you. Be fast in choosing your answers and every time you miss a question,you get a red mark. If you have more than 10 red marks, you are out. Thank you"

Nathaniel stole a glance at Semiloore and she gave him a flying kiss in return.

Soon the section started and the students were seen hurriedly tapping on the implanted tabs in the pillar. Semiloore didn't know when she started muttering prayers.

Oh Lord, help him. Guide him. Oh lord please he worked hard for this.

Even Mr Williams seemed nervous as he watched the seconds tick on the big screen.

"30 seconds gone" Semiloore muttered.

She closed her eyes and slowly counted in her head. She knew Nathaniel would do fine she knew but he seemed nervous his hands might shake and might miss tapping on the answers.

"41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60" Semiloore counted as she opened her  as the section was over.

The list was shown on the large screen. Nathaniel's name was number fifteen. He had three red marks. Semiloore's hands flew to her mouth. Even Mr Williams was dazed.

"He did it"

"As we have said the people with more than ten marks I am so sorry but this is your last bus stop in the cowbellpedia competition. Thanks so much for working hard"

About 34 students out of 70 students had dropped out, leaving them with 36 students.

"We'll go for the second section in two minutes"

Nathaniel walked towards Mr Williams and Semiloore. Semiloore threw herself on him and she hugged him.

"You made it"

Nathaniel smiled "I even thought I would have about six red marks"

Mr Williams patted him on the shoulder "Well done"

"Thank you sir"

"Its your turn"

Semiloore winked at him as she strode towards the standing tabs. She yawned as the man gave the instructions.