Chapter Forty One

The students were still talking about the cowbellpedia. Their school had never reached the semi final of the state level. The 60seconds score 100 section had a way of dropping schools way down.

This section consisted was made of 60 seconds and you were supposed to score 100 that means you have to score 100 after answering 50 questions. It could be said to be an impossible task but Model Secondary School had proved that wrong since their representative even had 119 after the section.

"Semiloore what did you get in your first 60 seconds score 100 section?" Someone asked.

"I think 234" Semiloore replied.

"Whoa!"

"Madd oo"

"Please she was a two time champion give some respect"  Rolake said with pride as everyone burst into laughter.

Joshua was counting the seconds and as soon as the Economics teacher made her out of the class,he sprinted out immediately.

"I'll see you all in the garden" he yelled and everyone burst into laughter.

"Where is everybody in X class going?"

"Am I in their class?"

"Shebi am just asking"

"Use your head"

Semiloore was already seated there as well as Tamiloore.

"Hi guys" Semiloore said with a small smile.

Everyone sat down and Semiloore burst into laughter when she saw Joshua carrying a popcorn.

"You actually brought popcorn?" She asked and Joshua wore a straight face.

"You asked us to bring it"

Everyone laughed as Semiloore took a deep breadth.

"Most Hilltop colleges are blessed with talents like the rumors you hear and Hicol Lag is one of the schools that was extremely blessed with talents that's why its one of the most popular of all Hicol. Tamiloore and I are naturally very talented and as for me, if I read through a book I'll never forget a word in that book. If I attend a class, I won't forget a thing the teacher has said, that's how good I am. But Hicol Lag is blessed with many people like me. People like Dare just has to skim through a book to know everything in the book. A dullard in Hicol Lag can easily make a name here. Don't over react,I am not downgrading your school but our exams are really very tough. Even with the so many talents, I stood out and I had many friends or so I thought. As we grew up things were changing since I topped every exam, written or oral or whatsoever exam. I played football too and I was football assistant cap from JSS3,sucks much doesn't it. Tamiloore and I practiced martial arts in school too and Tamiloore has so many gifts and she doesn't like boasting at all. She had earned her black belt early and even if she and teacher wang had a fight. He would be panting by the end. The students over there aren't like the ones here. They are spoilt and would get anything they want not minding the way they got it. Little did we know we had always already started brewing enemies, much more for me. One day we were playing truth and dare and I was dared to fight with Muyiwa, he also practiced marital arts but was a little better than me. I thought it was just a joke so I accepted. The penalty was if I lost, I would never practice martial arts again. So I agreed and I didn't even try to practice forehand. We had the fight and I lost. It was then I realized that the dare wasn't a joke, I really had to stop. I was dumbfounded and I couldn't do anything so I left. Tamiloore was mad and she beat up everyone. It was then we realized no one liked us getting first. No one liked it when there was a competition and I was selected. My very existence was hated by almost everyone. I had few friends and out of the few friends was Dara, Tamiloore told you guys the story already. The deal between the school and her step dad parents was very weird. If the matter leaked out they were doomed so automatically our school had the upper hand, they could have defended me but there were hands behind the curtain to begin it. Even a secret SSS1 P.T.A meeting was called and the parents all agreed to tell the school to dismiss me. The school was paid generously and I was expelled. Tamiloore couldn't take it, she left too. My JSS3 and SSS1 days were very hellish for me. Sometimes I'll even write wrong answers to reduce my score but still it wasn't working. Everyone hated me. After Dara's matter I was openly called a murderer despite the fact that I just saved my friend's life. No one took that into consideration and the made protests that they couldn't take class with a murderer. I felt abandoned, I even had suicidal thoughts. These were the people I've known my whole life. I'll support them anywhere at anytime. I hated myself and wished I was a dullard. We spent four months at home before we decided to leave Lagos. I couldn't even tell anyone goodbye. Those four months, I did a lot of reflections on myself; I started to accept who I am, I started to love myself and except mom and Tamiloore no one mattered until I got here. I discovered a new way of living, I discovered that life was actually very beautiful and lively. I discovered that secondary school isn't hell and most I started to love again. I like it here. I love it here. I love everyone here. I like it when I walk into the bus and see the bus driver with a smile,I like it when I turn around and meet the happy gazes of everyone. I like it when I tease you guys and you laugh out loud. I really like it here and I had hoped no one would find out about my past life. When you guys accepted me even after hearing I was expelled I felt really really... I don't even know. I really felt loved on my birthday. That feeling; it was great" Semiloore took a sharp breadth as she wiped the tears running down her face.

"I used to hate fate. Whatever it was: I promised to kill it when I met it. It was so unfair to me but now whatever it throws at me, I'll fling it back at it"

Everyone was still dazed a little. Some of the girls even had tears running down their cheeks.

"You guys should stop crying"

"Let me give you a hug" Joshua wailed as some people managed to laugh.

As they trotted back to class every one was left in their own thoughts.

How could she laugh and smile after experiencing such a thing? A lot of them looked at her in awe.

"If that's how Hicol schools treat their students then I take it back. There's nothing good about the school" Rolake said as they entered the class.

"Yes"

"Abi nah"

"Like seriously"

Everyone kept agreeing with Rolake.

"Its amazing how when you first came she hated you and now she's your fan" Joshua said and Semiloore burst into laughter.

"Here" Nath said handing her an handkerchief.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes"

"You should tell me if you are not" Nath said with a small smile. Semiloore held his jacket as she unbuttoned it.

"I have an idea"

"Huh?"

"Cowbellpedia this year starts the week exams start, lets register" Semiloore said as she buttoned his jacket and unbuttoned it again.

"Semiloore" Nathaniel said softly.

"Nobody is as good as me at Hicol Lag even Dare isn't"

"You don't have to do it"

"Oxford has being so good to me and its blessed with real humans I should be grateful for that"

"You are grateful enough"

"I know I just feel like teaching that school a lesson"

"Okay"

"Hey guys.... I've got an idea"

"I've known you for quite a while now and I know when you have that look on your face it means nothing good" Daniel said shaking his head as everyone burst into laughter.

"Let's teach Hicol Lag a lesson"

"Huh?"

"They expelled me so they no longer have their champion and besides your school competes for cowbellpedia right? I will contest"

The whole class was stunned until Semiloore gave a bright smile.

"You guys will support me right?" She asked.

"Yasss"

Someone drummed on the table and everyone is excited.

"But the thing is only SSS3 students go for these kind of stuffs and besides the day it starts our exams starts and SS3 doesn't have exams since their mock exams start January"

"So?"

"We have to convince the head of students affairs to let you go"

"That's easy,we'll just take the magazine along when we go to met him"

Nathaniel unconsciously ruffled her hair as he looked at her lovingly while everyone froze.

"You.....two?"