87. add it up

"Is it a person?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes as I glanced around the Rover.

Nathan and I had come up with a game to keep ourselves busy during the long drives. We took turns thinking of something in and or around the Rover, and then had to ask the other person a series of questions until we could guess it. It wasn't much, but it kept us occupied.

Miller shook his head, "Nope."

We went back and forth for the next few minutes until I was finally able to guess that it was Monty's shoe. Don't ask me why Miller picked that.

I clapped my hands together as I looked around the vehicle, "Okay...my turn!". I scoped out my options, finally landing on what I wanted to choose, "Okay I'm ready."

Miller bit down on his bottom lip as he thought, "Is it an animal?

I shook my head.

"A person?"

I grinned as a nodded, "A very grumpy one." I teased, turning to my boyfriend, pinching his cheek to further tick him off.

"It's Bellamy!" Raven called excitedly from the front, glancing at us through the rear-view mirror.

Bellamy knocked my hand away from his face as I cheered, "Ding, ding, ding we have a winner!"

I let out a laugh as I leaned into Bellamy, moving so I could press a kiss to his cheek, "Lighten up." I instructed, causing him to crack a small grin.

We fell into a comfortable silence after that, the only noises being the sound of the Rover and the muffled sound of the music Jasper was listening to through his headphones. We all slowly turned our heads, watching him as he sang along in a horribly pitched manner, sadness dripping from his every word.

After a few more seconds of Jasper's excruciating singing, Monty leaned forward, "No way," he muttered, pulling the headphones from Japser's ears, "If you're going to ride shotgun you can't just disappear."

Jasper didn't hesitate as he unplugged his headphones, instead plugging his MP3 player into the audio jack, filling the whole Rover with music.

Monty went to reach for the radio to turn it off, but Bellamy stuck out his hand, "Hey, it's okay. It's going to be a long ride".

As the music began to ramp up, Monty sat back with a defeated look on his face, meanwhile Miller began to play the air drums. I joined in, taking a shot a playing the air guitar.

Miller let out a laugh as the two of us played along, bopping our heads to the music. Raven and Jasper began singing along from the front while Bellamy sat still, his eyes focused on the road ahead.

It then became my mission to make him smile, and so the obnoxious singing started.

"Believe me I know what to do!" All of us were singing along now with the exception of Bellamy and Monty.

Miller took care of making Monty smile as we all sang the next lyrics by leaning into him, "But something won't let me make love to you!"

I did the same to Bellamy, grabbing his face and turning it toward me as I dramatically sang the lyrics. A smile appeared on his face as he looked down at his feet, shaking his head.

"Day after dayyyyyy, I get angry-" I paused my singing to yell at my boyfriend, "Sing, Bell, come on!" I pleaded, letting out a laugh as he shot me a look.

Jasper turned around, getting up from his seat and joining us in the back, not missing a single lyric. He stood up, shoving his head out of the top of the Rover which was meant for a gunman. I broke into a fit of laughter as he began cheering from outside of the vehicle.

I leaned into Bellamy as the laughter shook my body, I hadn't laughed like that in what felt like months. Bellamy grinned down at me, clearly amused with my humour.

Our moment was short lived however as something started beeping from the front, Raven turned off the music, reaching for the small device making the noise.

"Tracking beacon from the Ark." Monty announced, moving so he was in the front.

Jasper ducked back into the Rover, his face falling as the vehicle stopped, "Hey, that was the best part."

Bellamy was attentively watching the device now, "Who is it?"

Monty began typing something onto the keyboard just as something popped up on the bottom of the screen, "Farm station." he said in disbelief.

Farm station had come down as part of the Ark, but had been separated from the rest of the stations during entry into the atmosphere, we hadn't heard anything from them since.

Miller leaned forward, shaking his head, "After four months..h-how?"

Bellamy turned back to Monty, "We'll find out. Where are they?"

Monty started to try and pinpoint their location just as the rear doors to the Rover opened. "Don't tell me I missed the party?" Octavia muttered.

Everyone ignored her mocking as Monty spoke again, answering Bellamy's question, "Sector eight."

"Ice Nation." I concluded.

Octavia scrunched her face in confusion, "What about it?"

Raven spoke from the driver's seat, "Protocol says we go home, let the Chancellor decide what to do."

Bellamy quickly disagreed, "Screw protocol. The Chancellor isn't from Farm Station, Monty is and so is Miller's boyfriend. It's your call." he announced, looking between the two boys.

Miller and Monty shared a look before Monty spoke, "Let's do this."

We all then turned to Miller who let out a small laugh, "Do you even have to ask?"

Bellamy looked back to his sister with a small grin, "Try to keep up."