A Usual Day

Nirvana's POV

I woke up to my alarm ringing at 4:30 AM got in to my jogging attire for my exercise. I came back at 5:30 and got ready by 6:00 AM and woke my sister up as her exams were coming up. I peep in to the kitchen to see my dad and mum already making their coffee's and  tea's . 

"Good morning" I wished them.

"good morning beta, Ready for the day " they wished me.

"yes pa I am ready . Today is going to be a hectic day I have 3 consultations and 1 surgery lined up" I moaned to my already sympathetic father.

"I told you not to take medicine as your career choice but you didn't listen to me, now suffer" taunted my mother.

"Paaaaaaaa" i whined to my father.

"Arey Ramya leave her naa now give me you famous cookies" pacified my father.

"Okay Maa Paa i am leaving got to go" I said as I finished my coffee 

"Bye beta don't skip any of your meals" said my parents.

I loaded my bag for the week and started the car to go to the hospital. I actually stay at my apartment through out the week and only go to my parents home on weekends as my parents home is quite far from the hospital.

I reached the hospital to see interns standing ready for the rounds to check on post operated patients. Everyone was doing fine. It was 8:30 AM when I finished my rounds and assigned interns their tasks.

I went to canteen to have my breakfast when I met Raghav my colleague  who works in the neurosurgery department. 

"Hey want to join me for breakfast" he asked 

"Sure why not"  I said

"Dude I just got a case Glioblastoma with Cardiomyopathy, you wont believe it it is so rare to have one itself and the patient has both I recommended you to her husband I think you will have them for consultation today" he said in one breath.

"You know they are not charging the oxygen you breath yet so you can take a breath in between your rants" I said sarcastically.

"HaHa" he laughed without humor

"What was the patients name again" i asked checking my calendar for the day 

"Mrs.Ranawat" he replied 

"Ranawat , HA i have a cousin with that surname how ironic" i said

We finished our breakfast talking/gossiping about the things happening in the hospital and parted our ways.

I had an operation at 2:00 PM so i can finish my consultations by that time and go home directly i thought and reached my cabin. I asked the nurse to send the patients in.

I saw a kid come in with his parents i smiled looking at the kid and asked them to sit down.

"What seems to be the problem" i asked the parents.

"I cant breath properly" replied the kid 

I smiled looking at him 

"Is it, when do feel like this Raunak, that's your name isn't it?" i asked

"Yes that's my name" said the kid beaming at me. "I feel like this when i walk even a short distance and mumma says that i am not eating as much as i should be".

"Hmm, interesting. well superman why don't you get on the bed i'll check you to find out what's wrong with you". I said

"He hopped on the bed with the help of his parents" i smiled at them for assurance sake

I checked his breathing pattern and his heartbeat i heard a murmur and hoped it was not a large hole that was in his chest.

"OOkkaayy.... champ, get down i think i know what's wrong with you".

I asked all of them to sit down and explained to the parents and the kid showing my computer screen for better understanding.

"See champ this is the normal heart and this might be your heart", i said. 

"Hey there is a hole in mine" he observed

"Very good champ that hole is what is causing you breathlessness", "Now" i said looking at the parents panicked face "there is absolutely nothing to worry  ventricular septal defect (hole in the heart) is my guess and it is nothing to worry about it is completely curable".

"I just want you get a chest X-ray along with EKG done to determine the size of the hole and how to treat your child further" i explained to the parents.

"Is it anything serious" asked the mother.

"No it is nothing serious most of the time medicines are enough to treat this but i am asking you to get these done as a precaution don't worry your child will be healthy with in no time" i said.

The parents looked relieved

"Okay champ now mumma and papa will take you to some tests, I want you to be a good Boy and get it all done and come with the results okay". I said

"Okay" he replied enthusiastically. 

I looked at the parents and said "I will see you with the results" and they smiled.

I saw the child going and waited for my next set of patients. Only to see my cousin along with a man and kid walking inside

I was shocked to see them and stood up to greet them.

Author's Note:

Please leave a comment and don't feel shy to like it if you actually liked the story thus far. Thank you so much. I will try updating as regularly as possible. If possible recommend it to you friend's in the community.