RECEPTION

The week at the hospital was hectic and torturous because of that idiot. I invited everyone at the hospital for my reception and when "I" say "I" invited I delegated the work to Raghav. What can I say I am lazy. We also came to know that Karthi was indeed lactose-intolerant. I got my apology the next day at the hospital from that idiot. I have to say, it was rather satisfying.

"Oww," I exclaimed when suddenly my hair was yanked back.

"Beauty is pain, so bear it," Akhila said.

"I don't know why I am getting ready now when I still have 3 hrs left to get ready?" I said.

"It will take time to get there also, so you have only two hrs left," Sonali intervened.

"Yeah, you have a point," I said.

After that point, I shut up and started counting 1 to 1000 so that I would not complain about them yanking my hair and dress. We reached the reception on time. 

I was put in front of the door and the carpet was navy blue and the Dias looked a kilometer away

I was put in front of the door and the carpet was navy blue and the Dias looked a kilometer away. I wanted to run away there was so much attention on me that I didn't think I would be able to bear it. My palms were shaking and I looked at my hands forcing them to stop shaking by clenching them. At this point a hand was offered I look up to see Karan giving me his hand.

"Shall we?" Karan asked giving me his hand for support.

"With pleasure," I said taking his hand and giving him a smile and thanking him silently.

When we neared the stage I saw Karan's parents, Maanav, Karthi, My parents, Gyan and Raghav standing on the Dias giving such big smiles that I had tears in my eyes. We went on the Dias and took their blessings. 

Everyone was coming and congratulating us. Karan introduced his partners in business and his associates to me. Then came my favourite professor from medical college.

"Hello Professor," I said and introduced him to Karan.

"Congratulations Nirvana," He said.

"Thank you, sir," I said smiling.