The Meeting...Decisions...Friends

I had a very restless night, Couldn't sleep for more than 3hrs which in itself is a very bad thing for my mood and upon that I have to meet Karan at 6:00 PM. It was 8:00 AM, I decided to call my parents for their opinion on the issue.

Me: Hello pa, Good Morning.

Pa: Hello Nirvana, How come you are calling me on a Sunday instead of being here with us.

Me: Yeah Pa, I wanted to be home for the weekend but we were pretty tired so decided to skip this weekend. 

Me: Pa, Is Ma there? If yes, Can you put the phone on speaker I wanted to speak to you about Karan? 

Pa: Yes, she is here. I will put it on speaker.

Me: Ma, Karan asked me to meet him at 6:00 PM today to come to a decision about the proposal. I am not sure about this, You know that I didn't want to marry. 

Ma: See Nirvana, I know you didn't want to marry anyone, But child, No one is forcing you to love him and no one is forcing you to completely like him just because you are married if you reply a YES that is.

Me: But, Will it be worth it? 

Pa: You will not know that beta. Even now I don't know whether marrying your mother was worth it or not. Because you will like it sometimes and sometimes you will hate it. So you can never be sure.

Ma: Don't listen to your Father he should be grateful that he has me as his wife or else who will tolerate a history professor and his quirky life.

Pa: and I am grateful that you are my wife and I only think that this marriage is not worth it when you restrict me from having my favorite food. By the way, did I tell you how beautiful you are looking today?

Ma: Butter me up, How much ever you want you are getting those samosa's.

Me: Can we please concentrate on my issue and Pa you can flirt with Ma later. 

Ma: Child My suggestion will be talking to him, Tell him your issues with the proposal and be frank with him and don't hide anything.

Pa: I would just say not to marry him but that's just my overprotectiveness for my daughter. If that is kept aside then I would agree with your mother.

Me: Okay, I will talk to him, What do kruthika's Parents think?

Pa: They think that it is a very good idea.

Me: Okay then, I will call you in the evening to tell you my decision. Ma I haven't forgotten my book that you gave her.

Ma: I haven't forgotten the bachelorette party so I think we are even

Me: You know if you went to Hogwarts you would be a Slytherin.

Ma: I know

Me: Okay bye 

Ma & Pa: bye. 

LATER THAT DAY

I said bye to my sister and Karthi and left to meet Karan. I walked there as it was very near and entered the shop to see him waiting for me.

"Sorry, I am late". I said.

"No Problem, I just reached here myself. I was not waiting for long.".Karan said.

"What would you like to have?"Karan asked.

"Double chocolate chip cookie please," I said.

Karan ordered my cookie and his Frappuccino and we waited until it was served. I didn't know how to start the conversation and it was extremely awkward.

 I didn't know how to start the conversation and it was extremely awkward

"So, I will start," Karan said awkwardly.

"Go, Right ahead," I said with a full-blown smile on my face.

"You know it is not right to make fun of the person who is trying to break the ice". Karan said smilingly.

"I am sorry but "I will start" seriously," I said.

"Okay Okay that was lame," He said.

"I am not sure, how to breach the subject but I will just say everything I wanted to say," Karan said.

Karan: You have always been truthful and helpful to me so I think it is only right for me to extend the same courtesy. I really don't want to marry anyone in my life, Kruthika was the one for me and I have never imagined my life without her. I don't think I have even accepted the truth that she will never return to me. I am grateful you are looking after my son, I don't think I would have looked after him better than you are doing right now. But everyone is saying that Karthi will need a mother figure in his life and seriously I don't think I will find someone better than you to fulfill that part in his life. I can't love as a partner would right now but I think I would like to be your friend and maybe more someday but right now my son needs a mother and for that, I am willing to marry you.

Me: Well ....umm...Thank you I guess. I just don't know I mean I never thought of marriage in my life I mean it was always career for me and after that, I just didn't think of my life ever going in that direction. I am Asexual. I blurted out.

Karan: What? Really? 

Me: Is that a problem?

Karan: NO Definitely NOT. I mean I don't have a problem with that it's just you surprised me.

Me: Oh okay, Well yeah I have had boyfriend's but it never lasts long and you can guess why now. I know I just blurted out but I can treat you like a friend and I think I can even love you like not right now but when it happens. Okay, now I am just blubbering.

Karan: No...No.. you make sense. Keep going.

Me: yeah, As I said I can involve myself in anything like moderately sexual like cuddles as such but outright sex is not possible and just the thought of that gives me bad vibes. I know you are a nice person and I agree that a child needs a mother but it is not compulsory, A child can live without one parent if the other loves the child enough. But having both parents will help the child grow emotionally as well. So yeah my decision is also YES I guess.

Karan: I understand and Thank you. You don't have to worry about your asexuality. I wanted to ask if you know we could be friends?

Me: Yes absolutely, I would love that.

Karan: okay then shall we leave?

Me: Yeah.

We paid the bill and Karan dropped me home 

"How do we tell Karthi about this?" Karan asked

"Come inside, We will tell him now and finish it off, I mean we have to tell him someday so why not now". I said.

"You are very impulsive, You know that right?" he said smiling.

"Yup" I replied returning his smile.

Author's Note: Please Vote and drop a comment below. Photos are downloaded from Google Chrome.