Hiking & Talking

We reached our lake house which was in the outskirts of the city. I was showing everyone to their rooms. It was not a fancy house. It was a 3BHK. But it had a great view of the lake where three of us learnt to kayak. 

I was sharing the room with Karan

I was sharing the room with Karan. Raghav and Shaan were in one. Maanav shared his room with Karthik. Raghav was setting up the barbecue station which he he was using to roast panner and marshmallows on Karthik's demand. As you can guess already I tried to apologise to Karan and was rebuked for it. I mean he wasn't even ready to listen. 

"What's up?" Maanav asked handing me my glass of juice.

"Sky" I said.

"That was the lamest PJ I have had the excuse of hearing." He said.

"How's work?" I asked.

"Pretty much packed as you can guess because of the no-confidence, It is affecting our Sales and My team is having a hard time keeping it from the press and making sure the share prices don't fall" He said.

"I literally stopped understanding after the no-confidence" I said seriously.

"Do you want me to explain?" He asked.

"Do you think I studied medicine for fun?" I asked with sarcasm.

"Okay, So you hated anything related to math and management." He said.

"No, I didn't hate math just wasn't good at it and my dad wanted me to study medicine and I was interested in human body so I took it." I said.

"So, You didn't find the need to understand these concepts." Maanav asked.

"Yeah, Pretty much" I said.

"So, Interested in anyone" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"No" he said.

"Come on, Someone must be there, Girlfriend...Crush...Girl you want to ask out" I said teasing him.

"Well there is this one girl...Promise not to tell anyone" He said.

"Promise...Cross my heart and hope to die" I said.

"She is very pretty and smart...I wanted to ask her out but she is dating someone else." he said.

"Oh Damn...That's hard...Well let's find someone else for you...Take your phone out" I said.

"I don't think online dating works for me" He said.

"How do you know? Have you tried?" I rebutted him.

"No...But.."He started but shut up seeing my glare.

"Which picture do you want to post?" I asked handing him his phone.

"This one?" He asked showing me.

"Too serious...What about this one" I asked.

"Yeah this is nice" He said.

We started making his profile. We had huddled up and made such a profile that no one could reject Maanav.