No-Confidence & Mess

Karan's POV

I came to our bedroom to see Nirvana already sleeping hugging her pillow. Her hair was tied up just like the night before. When her hair is tied up her eyes are accentuated and they look so beautiful. 

When I talked to dad about me forgiving her, he explained to me that she might not even understand what wrong she did because for her it is natural...she has seen them being in relationship for years and she might have assumed that for everyone else it must be evident as well...as it is to her.

I understood her predicament and had forgiven her but her trying to apologise was hilarious to see. I wished I had taken video of her trying to apologise. 

I laid down and pulled the duvet on me and was drifting off to sleep as we had to go back to work next day. I heard the door opening...

I saw Karthi coming in and going towards Nirvana...I was about to ask him what was wrong...

"Mamma, Mamma" He said shaking Nirvana.

I was shocked, It was the first time he called her Mamma. Why now? What changed?

"Champ...Is everything okay?" I heard Nirvana's groggy voice.

"Yes...Can I sleep with you today?" He asked.

"Ofcourse" She said.

"Did you have a bad dream?" She asked Karthi moving her fingers in his scalp.

"Yes" He said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She prodded.

"No,I don't want to" He said shaking his head.

"Okay, I am here if you want to talk about it" Nirvana said softly.

"Do we have to leave tomorrow? Can't we stay here for 1 more day?" Karthi asked.

"Oh champ, I wish we could" Nirvana said.

"How about we comeback next weekend? Is it okay with you?" I asked indicating that I was awake.

"Really" Karthi said excited.

"Yes, We can come here next weekend, I will even teach you how to Kayak" Nirvana said.

"Okay" Karthi said yawning.

We woke early next morning and went home to reach ontime. I went to office to resolve all the issues and to talk about the expansion of company in to clothing line. I reached home super late and when I went to check on Karthi I saw Nirvana sleeping beside him in his bed. I didn't want to wake her as she was in deep sleep.

I went to have dinner and saw dad sitting in the dining area.

"Hi dad" I said.

"How was office?" He asked.

"Usual" I said.

"What happened with Nirvana?" Ma asked entering the room.

"She apologized and I asked her out to which she agreed" I said.

"Really, That's awesome...Where are you taking her? I wonder what she will wear...Maybe I can help." Ma said excitedly and started wondering.

"I don't know yet" I said.

"You need to decide fast...Or tell me where, your Papa and me will arrange." Ma said.

"Why are you involving me in between?" Dad whined.

"You need to help your son, Be happy I am not asking you to help me cook their dinner" Ma scolded.

"You don't need to worry about food or the location, I just decided." I said.