Bonus Chapter 1.

"You won't believe what I just overheard and don't react" I said sitting opposite to Karan. 

"No, I can't....I don't want to hear.....You leave me anxious every time you say don't react." Karan complained whining.

"So, You don't want to know?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Ignore him, I want to know" Akhila said adjusting her grip on her daughter.

"Maanav is proposing Kanika tonight" I said whispering.

"Whaaa....." Karan said trailing off.

"Ma...Mamma....Mother....Amma" Karthi started shouting.

"Okay bye, My son is calling." I said.

"No, You can't just leave me with half the news" Karan said trailing behind me.

"I saw him practicing his speech in front of the mirror....It's kind of cute....He is so nervous." I said excited clapping my hands.

"Damn, That's black mail material....I should have been there." Karan regretted.

"Bad luck" I said.

"I am going to bug him" Karan said nodding to himself.

"No, you will not....Don't invade on his privacy, Karan" I warned Karan and started pulling him away from Maanav's room.

--------------***************------------------------

I parked my car and saw Raghav and Shaan's car already there. Maybe there was an emergency. Raghav is the head of Neuro and I am the head of Cardiothoracic departments. Shaan is the face of our hospital.

I went inside which was filled with people as usual. I entered my cabin followed by nurse who told me my appointments for the day. 

"Mr. Rathore is your first patient." Nurse said.

"Thank you Lakshmi, Can you please send him in?" I asked smiling at the middle aged kind nurse.

"Mr. Rathore, How are you today?" I asked.

"Same, I got the reports with me." He said.

"Well, it is Pulmonary Embolism" I said looking at the reports.

"Is it serious? Will he require surgery?" Mr. Rathore's daughter asked.

"No, Surgery is not recommended for now. I will put him on anti-coagulants for now." I said.

"Will the clotting stop?" She asked.

"Yes, They will stop the blood from clotting." I said looking at the daughter.

"Mr. Rathore, You will need to take these tablets for 3 months. You will initially feel breathless but don't worry it is common. If you still feel breathless after 6 weeks come to me again, Okay?" I said looking at Mr. Rathore.

"Yes, Okay." Mr. Rathore said.

"Do you have any questions?" I asked.

"Yes, What if this doesn't work?" She asked.

"If this doesn't work we will give him Thrombolytics. and if that doesn't work then we will proceed for surgery." I said.

"This will work right?" he asked.

"Mr. Rathore you will be fine. If this wasn't detected now, then it would have been a problem but yours was detected and it will be cured I promise." I said knowing that he can be cured from the reports.

"Thank you" He said.

"Don't worry, You will be fine....Take the tablets regularly and get a blood test done after two months just to check the progress." I said.