Advice & Frustrations

When I settled in the room I sat on the bed for 20 minutes doing nothing and thinking about everything. I changed into my nightwear and was arranging the room when I hear a knock.

"Come in," I said not getting up from the place where I was unpacking.

"Dinner's ready, Maa is calling everyone," Karan said.

"Oh, Yes I am coming," I said.

We went for dinner and so many varieties of food were there on the table that I could not figure out where to start. I just took chapati and dal and started eating when everyone started.

"Is the food okay?" Aunty asked.

"Ohh...Ummm...It's a bit salty but it's fine," I said.

"Oh even you don't eat much salt, What is this, Even Kruthika didn't eat much salllttt"  Aadhira trailed off realizing what she said.

"Yeah, We don't eat much salt in our families, We don't eat much spice either, I think most of the times we just consume bland food," I said smiling at her.

"Oh, but how can you eat something without salt? I mean Kruthika bhabhi had her food separately prepared because she could not have the food which was made for us. You don't seem to be affected by salt much." Aadhira pressed.

"I control my expressions better," I said implying that I could not have the food either.

"Beta then you don't need to eat it, Have something else," Uncle said.

"No, it's fine, I can adjust," I said.

"No you shouldn't, Karan replace her plate Son, Give her some rice instead," Aunty said.

Karan took away my plate and gave me a plate with rice and curd.

"Thank you," I said looking at him.

"Your welcome," he said.

We had our dinner after that without interruptions. I made sure that Karthi had his Salad along with the food on his plate. Everyone retired to their rooms after that and I came to my room to put away all the stuff. I completed arranging my room after 2 hours and went to the balcony. I saw Karan sitting on the bench facing away from my balcony. 

I went to the kitchen and made hot chocolate for me and Karan. I went to the Garden and started walking towards him.

"Here, Hot chocolate," I said giving him the mug.

"Thank you" He replied taking the cup from me and looking at me as I sat to the other end of the bench.

We sat in silence for some time when he asked: "Are you not going to ask me what I am doing here?"

"Do you want to tell me?" I questioned back.

"No," He said.

"Then No, It is not my business anyway," I replied.

"I never sat here before Kruthika died," He said after some time to which I didn't reply but kept listening.

"I mean I always wondered what she could be doing sitting here late at night, If I asked she would just reply 'getting away from you' and I would threaten her not to say such things and she would just give me her thousand-watt smile and say 'nothing could get her away from me' but something did and I am alone left in this mess not knowing what to do and how to handle my son," He said with tears leaking from his eyes.

"When we were young Kruthika would always come over and Pa taught us at the end of the day you should sit alone or with the person you trust the most and just talk sought out our feelings that we would have repressed all day. With the professions we were in we suppress a lot of emotions so we should sit alone and go over every emotion we felt that day and release it, So I think she must be doing that." I said looking at Karan.