Mess becomes Messier

Karan POV

It has been a month from our disastrous yet successful date and I have spoken to Nirvana about five times in the past month. She is extremely busy, She is barely home these days, More than half the days in the past month she was not even home. When she is home, she is extremely tired and in no position to speak. Even in such condition she leaves as soon as she gets a call from the hospital.

Sometimes when she is home she eats and goes to sleep but when we wake up she is not there but she left letters for everyone explaining the situation and apologizing again and again. 

Today we are having a get together and all my cousin's are here. I hope Nirvana can make it.

"Karan...Karan" Nihal called tapping me on my shoulder.

"Yes" I replied.

"Where are you lost?" Nihal asked.

"No where, just thinking about how hectic life has been" I said.

"Okay come on we are playing Jenga everyone is already there." He said.

We went and saw all of them sitting around the blocks making a circle. I went took my place beside maanav.

"Where is Nirvana?" Akhila asked.

"She is at the hospital, Don't think she can make it" Maanav said.

"Why?" Sonali asked.

"She has been busy past month and she is doing surgeries of most of the patients and supposedly she and Raghav are working on a case together" I said.

"Oh...Call her and ask whether she can make it or not." Akhila said.

"Okay" I said.

Hi I am busy right now drop a message I will get back to you as soon as I can. Her voice said.

"Busy, It is going to her voicemail." I said.

"Call her office then, We will know where she is" Maa said.

"Hi, This is Karan Ranawat speaking" I said.

"Hello sir, I am Sneha, How may I help you?" Sneha said.

"May I speak to Dr.Nirvana Please" I said.

"I am sorry sir but do you have an appointment?" She asked.

"Yeah, Do you have an appointment, Karan" Nihal teased me.

"Shut up" I whispered to Nihal.

"Umm...No I don't have an appointment but tell her that her husband called." I said

"Ohh...Umm...Sir I am sorry I thought you were a patient...Just wait a moment I will connect you to her cabin." Sneha said floundering.

"So, She is in her cabin...Could have saved us the trouble by just picking up her phone." Aadhira said. As usual we ignored her.

"Hello" I heard her tired voice.

"Hi nirvana, Karan here" I said.

"Is everything okay?" She asked panicked.

"Yes, Everything is fine, Don't worry" I said immediately not wanting her to think something is wrong.

"Oh, Thank god." She said.

I smiled just imagining her relieved expression. "Yeah, Just wanted to ask you when you would reach home, all the cousin's are here" I said.

"Wait, What do you mean they are here, Wasn't that supposed to be next weekend?" She asked.