Regrets and Fun

I was sleeping peacefully until I wasn't because I heard sound of my door opening and someone entering inside. I opened my eyes to see Karthi.

"Karthi, Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yes, Can I sleep with you?" He asked.

"Hop in," I said lifting the duvet.

"Maasi, what happened to you? why were you like that yesterday?" He enquired.

"I am fine darling, You know how you get sick when you drink milk sometimes?" I asked.

"Yeah" He replied

"Just like that, I get sick when I drink alcohol" I answered.

"Then why did you drink it?" He questioned.

"I didn't know I was drinking it champ" I answered.

"Can't you mix magic juice just like you mix into my milk so that you are not ill anymore?" He asked seriously showing his age even though he acts as if he not a child.

"Next time I will mix magic juice into my drink also, Okay" I answered amused.

"I was so scared, I thought you were leaving me just like mamma left me," He said.

"Oh!!, Sweety, I am sorry I worried you, I will not leave you champ"  I replied.

"Promise?" He asked with so much hope in his voice that I almost lost my voice.

"I promise" I choked out.

"You won't leave me even if I call you Nirvana instead of Maasi?" He asked requiring assurance.

"Nope" I replied kissing him on his forehead.

"You won't leave even if I call you Ma?" He asked with uncertainty.

"No, I will be here right next to you whenever you need me" I replied with a firm voice so that he could understand that I would never leave him.

"Now, sleep, You have school tomorrow," I said.

"Good night, Nirvana," He said testing the waters.

"Good night darling, Sleep well, I will be right here when you wake up," I said assuring him.

It was when he slept and tucked his head under my chin I realized I married Karan for this darling boy to take care of him. But I also knew somewhere deep in my heart I yearned for someone to love me unconditionally like I loved my parents and Karan gave me that without even second-guessing my character, without asking anything in return for himself.

I realized I knew the seriousness of an allergy but they didn't. I can not fault them for their ignorance. It was supposed to be a prank, Maybe they didn't know what would happen to me, Maybe just maybe I overreacted.

I mean Yes they knew I was allergic but they didn't mean any harm by it. I can forgive them for that. I think I also have to apologize for the way I reacted without giving them a chance to justify themselves.

I woke up to see Karthi playing on my phone. He was so involved in playing sub-way surfers he didn't even notice that I was not sleeping anymore.

"How did you open the lock?" I asked curiously startling him.

"Your finger was right on the pillow, I put the phone on your finger and it opened," He said as if he is explaining to a 5-year-old.

"Okay, Rule no. 5: We do not touch other people's stuff without their permission" I said seriously.

"But, you were sleeping," He said.

"Even then, You should wait for me to wake up or you should wake me up and ask permission because you were using MY phone," I said softly.