Torture a.k.a Party

It's been a few days which were hectic as usual at the hospital and Raghav flipped out when he heard about the marriage thing. He was somehow convinced that I was blackmailed and wanted to talk to Karan personally to set him straight. I don't know what happened that day when he talked to Karan but from the next day all I am hearing is "Karan this" and "Karan that". Sometimes I feel that he is the one getting married.

Karthi is still staying with me and he is a charming little kid at the hospital whenever I bring him to the hospital. All the nurses love him and somehow this kid knows more about my patient's personal life than me. Sometimes he throws these random facts at me about a patient that I can do nothing more than smile at some of them. 

I talked to Karan exactly two times after the meet in the cafe. Once he called because he wanted to invite me to a gathering with his cousin's this weekend at his mansion. The second time he called because he wanted to confirm whether I was attending that party. The funny thing is even Raghav is invited to this party. I don't know how in seven hells my best friend was invited to this party but I am not complaining as I will have someone I know at this party.

Karthi and I got ready and went to pick up Raghav who was as usual late and we had to wait for 15 minutes. After he graced us with his presence we started driving for Ranawat mansion and we reached after 30 minutes. I got down and helped Karthi get down.

"Woah! This guy's rich" Raghav said.

"It's a mansion you didn't think he would be poor did you?" I replied sarcastically.

"Can we please go inside?" Karthi said.

When we entered we saw so many people, This was not a party, This was a family get-together, I mean everyone was there, My parents, his parents, Kruthika's parents, his cousins, his cousin's parents, his friends, his brother, his brother's friends, my sister...... and the list continues.

"I don't think our hospital party with board members has so many people in it," Raghav said

"I agree, this is a zoo, A zoo of people, Yaar," I said. "Can we leave like this only from here?"

"I don't think so, Your in-laws spotted us," Raghav said.

"To-be In-laws," I corrected putting a fake smile on my face.

"Come in beta, What are you doing standing there?" Aunty said.

"Yeah" was all I managed to utter.

Aunty went on a spree of introducing me to a lot of people where ever I went I pulled Raghav with me. It was only because of him I managed to sane for the next 20 odd minutes with the number of people I was meeting. I was left alone when someone called aunty for some work. Raghav and I immediately went to my family so that we could surround ourselves with people we know. 

It was not for long though as Karan called us out to the garden as all the cousins were going there. Not that I wanted to be there but I still had to go. So here I am sitting between Raghav and Maanav with Karan in front of me. Karan introduced everyone to me which I politely replied with a "Hello".

"I heard you were the one that operated on Kruthika," Sofiya asked, "Or was it Sonali"?

"Actually it was Raghav and I but yeah I was the cardio surgeon," I said.

"Didn't do a good job, did you?" she said rudely. This attracted everyone's attention and Maanav was about to say something but I held his hand stopping him.

"Ma'am, Mrs.Ranawat knew her odds when she chose to go ahead with the surgery. She went through with it, against both her surgeon's opinions might I add. You would know this if you had visited her in the hospital"  I said.