Convincing And His Decision

When we entered we saw Karthi and Gyan sitting and watching T.V. The thing running in my mind was this was going to be hard and the most important thing was making sure that Karthi knows, If he is not okay with this decision then we will reconsider our decisions.

"Hello, I am back, Look who I got with me?" I said.

"Daaaad" Karthi shouted looking at Karan.

"Are you staying for dinner?" I asked Karan.

"Sure, If you don't mind" Karan replied.

Gyan and I started dinner for the day. She asked for my decision about the proposal and for me to reply that it was YES. We finished making dinner and after we all ate it was time for us to talk to Karthi.

"Karthi we wanted to ask you something and we will go through with it, If it is okay with you only," I said.

"What?" Karthi asked.

"I want to be your parent, I mean I don't want to take your ma's position but I want to be your mother," I said.

"I don't understand, You mean you want to be my mom but not my mom?" Karthi asked confused.

I sighed "I want to be your mom, Will you be okay with that?" I asked directly.

"But you are my maasi" Karthi said.

"and I will be your fun-loving maasi but I also want to be your mother and help you do homework and have you stay with me all the time". I said. 

"Will I not be allowed to stay with you if you are not my mother?" Karthi questioned with a frown on his face.

"Of course you are allowed to stay with me and let them dare to take you away from me I will make their life hell but I also want to be your mother," I said.

"What will you be to me?" Karthi asked.

"Whatever you want me to be...If you want a mom I will be your mom...If you want a friend I will be your friend and if you want your maasi I will be your maasi" I said.

"What will I call you?" Karthi questioned.

"If you want a friend call me Nirvana...If you want fun-loving aunt to call me Maasi...and If you want a mother call me Ma" I said.

"So I can call you whatever I want," Karthi asked.

"Yes, You may call me whatever you want," I said.

"What does dad want?" Karthi asked

"I want you to have a mother and I want you to have someone you can talk to if I am not there with you " Karan replied.

"I don't want you to say okay just because you want to make your dad happy, I want you to think and tell me if you want me as your mom," I said.

"Where will we stay if you were to be my mom?" Karthi asked.

"We will all stay in Ranawat mansion and if you want you can come here on weekends" Karan replied.

"Even maasi," Karthi asked.

"Yes, Even maasi" Karan replied.

"Okay, Will You be my mom?" Karthi asked looking at me.

"Yes, I will be your mom, Thank you," I said looking at Karthi.

After talking for a while Karan left along with Gyan saying that he would drop her at my home and then leave for his home. I made Karthi's bed and was making him sleep when he asked me whether he should call me mom right then.

"No Karthi you can call me mom when you feel like calling me mom Okay," I said.

"Okay," he said.

I left after Karthi slept and called my mom and told them my decision. She said she will talk to Ranawat's about further details and convey them to me.

I slept knowing that I would have a long week ahead of me.