The Sunday...

It was 8:00 AM when Karthi and I started for my parent's home. It has been almost two weeks that I went home. I wanted to spend the whole day at my parents' but I was invited to Ranawat's for lunch. Karthi said he wanted to stay at Ranawat mansion for that week and I agreed as he had the right to decide where he wanted to stay.

"Hello people," I said entering my home.

"Oh, Nirvana...Karthik you both are here. I was waiting for you guys to come." Ma said.

"Come have breakfast first then we will talk," Pa said which was typical Indian parent behaviour.

We sat at the dining table, My ma had prepared Dosa and Groundnut chutney which were my favourite. I mean who doesn't like dosa right? We finished our breakfast and Gyan wanted to play with Karthi with their new video game so they left immediately.

"Nirvana, I was talking to Karan's parents and they talked to their pandit." Ma said.

"Okay," I said.

"They said that next month would be a perfect time for marriage" Pa continued.

"Oh," I said not knowing what else to say.

"I think it is too fast and marriage preparations cannot be done in a month's time," Ma said.

"Ma, Marriage will be done before a registrar in the court. I don't want a lavish wedding." I said.

"But Nirvana, You are our eldest daughter, How can we get you married without all the grandeur," Pa said.

"Pa, If this was not the case then I wouldn't have married at all. If you want to spend the money anyway, then give it to me, I will invest it somewhere at least it will return money after a few years." I said.

"Have you talked to Karan and his family about this?" Ma asked.

"Not Yet, I will do it today," I said.

"Then there is no reason for us to argue," Ma said.

"But Ramya, It is her marriage, How can we not spend money on it?" Pa said looking at my mum.

"Exactly Rahul, It is her marriage and it will be as she wants it and moreover we don't know what the Ranawat's want. I mean they just faced a loss and celebrating so soon will be difficult for anyone so we cannot pressurize them." ma said.

Dad conceited defeat after that. I enjoyed my time so much with them with my dad's constant goofiness and my ma's not so strict reprimands to keep him in check. I just loved my parent's so much. I couldn't ask for better parents. We left for the Ranawat mansion at 1:00 PM and reached at 1:25 PM. Raghav was already there talking to Nihal when I entered along with Karthi and his bag for the week.

"Hi" Karthi shouted where I smiled at everyone in greeting.

"What's with the bag?" Karan asked.

"Karthi wanted to stay here for the week sooo" I said.

"That's wonderful," Karan said enthusiastically.

"Come in and wash up, Lunch is ready," Karan said.

The lunch was awesome except some looks which I got from his cousins which I obviously didn't care about. We were all sitting on the Sofa and talking, I was sitting between Karan and Raghav. 

"I don't like you," Aadhira said (One of Karan's cousins).

"Aadhira, Don't talk to her like that" Karan scolded.

I looked up from my phone and asked: "Why?".

"You are taking my Bhabhi's place," She said.

 "I can sit somewhere else," I said wanting to agitate her.