Meet With Cousin

"Hey Kruthika What's up?" i asked hugging her and shaking hands with her husband and giving the kid a hi five.

"Oh nothing just wanted your medical opinion on something" she said.

"I am blessed that you graced this mere mortal with your presence and not just to meet but for my opinion, my life goal is achieved" i exaggerated keeping a hand on my chest.

I saw her smiling and her husband and son laughed.

"Now there is my favorite smile" i said "Please have a seat" i said indicating the chairs. 

When they were sitting, that is when i saw the papers in front of me and  realized that she is the Mrs.Ranawat raghav was talking about and heart beat cold for a second and prayed to god that it was not her.

"Please tell me that you are not that Mrs.Ranawat", i begged her.

She smiled sadly at me. Tears pooled in my eyes and i just wanted to hug her and tell her that everything would be fine but my training as doctor didn't let me. First rule of being a doctor came to me and i kept quite and turned professional regarding the case.

"Lets look at the reports shall we" i asked 

"Yes here they are" they said and gave me the reports 

I looked at them and came to the same conclusion as raghav. I looked at the reports carefully and concluded the only treatment that was possible for her.

"Is it okay if i explain in front of him" i asked them referring to their son

"Yes" they agreed.

"I will be completely honest with you the treatment for tumor is operating and chemotherapy as it might have been explained to you. Your cardiomyopathy is in same condition it is very severe i can give you treatment only to extend your life expectancy but i cannot promise you more than that". I explained.

"You are telling us what other's told then why are you the best" . Raged Karan

"I know Karan but giving false hope is not how i work i tell my patients absolute truth however painful it may be. She needs to be prepared the next few months for her are going to be painful and after that i can give her maximum of six months of peace .That is all i can guarantee from these reports". I explained calmly.

Kruthika hugged Karan and was consoling him.

After further explanation i asked Kruthika to wait outside along with karthik as i wanted to talk to Karan further.

"Look Karan i want you to be prepared she will be in immense physical pain as it is and she will not be able to give herself the emotional support as well I want you to be that support".

You will want to cry looking at her pain but shove it down the rug be the emotional support that she needs. Cry as much as you want Karan crying is not a weakness but not in front of the patient. Look at your son he needs his father when ever you want to give up look at your son and keep moving forward just for his sake. Do you understand me?".

"Yes". he replied.

"I want you to cry and express your pain as well Karan shutting yourself away is not the way to live". I said.

"Okay". he said.

"Do you want to continue her treatment here or some other hospital". I asked.

"Kruthika wants to get the treatment done here". he said

"Then we will give her the best care that we can provide for her. All The Best Karan. I will see you after her initial surgery for her treatment of cardiomyopathy".i said.

"Okay. Thank you" he said and left dejectedly.

After he left i worked like a machine i could not digest the fact that such a bubly girl could be suffering from rarest of the diseases. I completed the surgery and consultations.

I went to see my cousin in the VIP suite just to catch up with her and to provide her with some normalcy in life.

After some time i went to my apartment and called my parents.

Author's Note:

Please leave a comment and don't feel shy to like it if you actually liked the story thus far. Thank you so much. I will try updating as regularly as possible. If possible recommend it to you friend's in the community.