🖤18🖤

Carson Fernando

I stared at nessa as she looked up at me with a smile. She let go my hand then sat down in the chair quickly. I wiped my hands on my pants from the sweat. "It's nice that y'all can make it"I smiled at them.

"It's nice being here Mr.Fernando. Very nice building"janessa father spoke. I nodded my head thanking him. After a while of staring at each other, my uncle broke the silence.

"Sooooo Jared, what school you graduate from?"my uncle ask.

"Well I graduate from Lowell high last year. Kind of didn't want to go to college"Jared smiled. "But I do have interest in this job, I love doing articles and pictures..."

"Do you know that to become a journalist, you need to go to college"my uncle spoke.

"Yeah I know that"Jared frowned a bit. I looked at janessa one last time.

"How about this"I got up from my chair. "I give you the job but you won't be writing articles or nothing like that unless you go to college"I said.

"So if I complete college, get my degree and come back I'm fully a journalist?"jared ask.

"Yes. I know you don't want to do that but in order to work here fully, you need that degree. I'm in college now working to get my degree"I smiled.

"I'll think about it"Jared nodded his head.

"You can start Monday on the job"my uncle said. Jared got up from his seat. He shook my hand and then my uncle. Nice meeting him.

Janessa stood up as well smiling at my uncle. I took out my phone pressing the iMessage app. I clicked on janessa name then texted her.

Me- Don't leave yet

I waited 2 minutes till finally she text back.

Nessa- meet me at the coffee shop. Ima just catch Lyft back home

Me- okay cool

I was excited that I finally, finally get to meet her and talk to her. Only her.

Later

I walked in the coffee shop looking for Janessa

I walked in the coffee shop looking for Janessa. I sat down at a table near the window. I kept wondering in my mind that she must of left or got scared to meet me. I don't want her to be scared of me. I'm not a crazy or psycho person. I don't want to be.

After a while, I caught a glimpse of someone walking up to me. I look up fully seeing Janessa staring back at me. "Hey stranger"

"H-Hi"I stutter. I never do this when I meet a girl. Why I'm acting like this? "I'm sorry for stuttering"I chuckle.

"No it's okay. I like your stuttering"she smiled. She sat next to me pulling out her phone. "Did you order some coffee yet?"

"Uhhh, not really. I'm more of a beer drinker"I said.

"Hmmmm, are you really 20 or you just lying about your age?"Nessa ask.

"I'm sorry but I'm actually 30"I lied. Nessa gasp so loud hoping out the chair. I quickly grab her arm laughing. "I'm just joking. I'm 20 years old"

"Oh my god. Don't play with me like that"she cover her heart. "I actually thought you was serious"

"Damn. My acting skills are bomb then"I smiled.

"Must be"she smiled back.

Janessa kept me company till it was her time to go home. It was about 2:56PM, she had to go home for dinner. I really love that she talked to me this whole time. We laughed, clowned around, and then talk about school. This is something I needed in my life.

"It was nice seeing you for the first time"she said. "I really wanna see you again tomorrow or maybe next Saturday"

"Next Saturday ima be busy. Friday I'm off"I said.

"Friday it is"she smiled. She wrapped her arms around my neck hugging me. I hugged her back by wrapping my arms around her waist. "Don't forget to text me"

"I would never forget"