Betrayed 1 {Edited}

Chapter four

Arkadia wolf high

"Aren't they such a lovely couple?" Lucille smirked, and sat next to Oscar at the cafeteria. She watched in annoyance as he stared at Jace and Vanessa, who were talking and laughing at their table.
"With him in the picture, she'll never notice you," Lucille said.
" What do you mean?" He asked.
"Cut the act and stop pretending. I've caught you staring at her many times. You're in love with her." She put on a wide grin.
"If you say so, but what can I do? There's no way I could win Jace." Oscar sighed in defeat.
"Stupid boys, I don't know what you see in her. Anyway if you really love her, I could help you get her to like you," she said.
"How can you do that? they look so....so  divinely joined." Oscar remarked.
"Candid advice, do not underestimate me or you'll be surprised at what I can do."

***

The door opens, and Maya steps into Wilfred's office.
"You called me." Maya closes the door to Alfred's office.
"Yes, I called you concerning Valentine's guards."
"The Lunarike pendant?" She asked, and Alfred replied, "yes. If Valentine had a reason to believe that the pendant is here, then I think it is. The student with it probably outsmarted the royal guards."
"You're right," Maya said, and continued, "What do you suggest we do?"
"We find them, and train them to put an end to Valentine's evil reign and plans."

***

Jace and Vanessa walked into Jace's room, and Jace switched on the lights. The room has two beds standing adjacent to each other. A small wardrobe and table stood next to the beds, and chandeliers dropped from the ceiling.
"This is mine." Jace walks over to his drawer, and brings out a piece of the Lunarike pendant.
"It's broken just like yours," He says, and Vanessa brings out her own piece of the Lunarike pendant, and holds it out next to Jace's piece. To their surprise, the both pieces glowed, and attracted each other, joining to form an half pendant.
"Wow!" Vanessa exclaimed in amusement.
"What is it? And what is so special about it to be wanted by a king?" Jace asked.
"That's for us to find out," Vanessa said.

***

"Today Is the day we carry out our plan," Lucille said as she and Oscar walked to the training field.
"Hello everyone, a race would begin now in your wolf form, once you get to the finish line, you have to hit the red button. Once you do that, a gate will open to the sand in which you'll have to find the hidden key," Maya grinned.

***

"Go." The students started running on Maya's command. Hudson ran ahead of the others with Lucille, Jace, and Vanessa running closely behind him. It was already a month and few weeks here, and they had mastered transformation pretty well. Hudson and Lucille though, had already gotten a hand of it even before being admitted into the academy. On reaching the finish line, Hudson transformed to his human form, and pressed a red button, opening the gate into the sounds. He bent down, and started searching for the key after which Lucille, Jace and Vanessa joined in.

"Out of my way losers." Lucille scoffed, searching through the sand with vehement vivacity. They all ignored her, as they were already used to her rude and proud behaviour. Vanessa and Hudson spotted the key at the same time with their enhanced sight. They charged forward together, and fortunately for Hudson, he was able to grab it a microsecond before Vanessa.

***

"You did well." Vanessa sat next to Hudson.
He looked sideways at her, and replied before looking back at the table.
"You weren't bad either."
"I've noticed that for the past few days, you don't talk with anyone. What of your friends?" Vanessa asked.
"No one wants to be friends with a thief. I was practically caught stealing before being admitted here." Hudson sighed regrettably, still staring at his table.