Humans as threats 2

"It's too risky, we can't do it," a council member objected.

"This is my mom we're talking about, your Queen," Vanessa said.

"We know but we can't risk Hecrydos breaking free," another council member said.

"I say we vote," Matthew said and Vanessa glanced at him, glaring hard.

"Vote or not, my decision stands, Author is going to open the portal to the void." Vanessa said.

"I guess you're really going to live up to the name the people call you," Matthew said.
"What's that?" Vanessa asked.

"Vandreina, the stone Queen"

"If the people call me so, then let it be known that I am the Queen of death," Vanessa said coldly

*. *. *.

"I can't do it unless I know where your mother is exactly," Author said.

"Why?" Vanessa asked.

"It will zap my energy and if I open it to the wrong place, I won't be able to open another one for four hours," Author said.

"I can help with that," Mr Harper said.

"I don't know why you're all making this easier for her." Matthew hissed.

"Cause I'm doing the right thing," Vanessa folded her arms d nodded to Harper.

"I could use my abilities to connect you to where she is while in contact with you," Mr Harper said.

"Brilliant!" Rafi said.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Vanessa said.

Mr Harper held Author's left arm as Author closed his eyes.
Author's hand then began to glow purple as he stretched his hand out.

A purple- black portal began to open slowly and as it opened halfway, Mr Harper began to convulse rapidly.

"Author pull out right now, stop!" Matthew shouted.

"Just a little bit more," Vanessa said.

As the portal opened completely, Mr Harper fell to the ground.

"Harper!" Matthew said as he rushed to Mr Harper who was lying unconscious on the floor.
Suddenly Patricia jumped out through the portal.

"Hungh, hungh, hungh," she panted.

"Quick, run, Hecrydos is on his way here," Patricia continued.
Author then stretched out his hands and opened another portal.

"Quick, get in!" Author shouted and they all began to run in.

"Harper," Matthew said and ran back to carry him on his back, entering the portal.

"Finally I'm free!" Hecrydos said as he came out of the portal holding a large battle axe.
Hecrydos then spotted the other portal they had used to escape and ran towards it.

"Quick, close it!" Patricia yelled.
As Hecrydos hand went through the portal, Author stretched out his hands and closed the portal making Hecrydos' hand cut off and fall to the ground.

"Mom!" Vanessa said and ran towards Patricia, hugging her.

*. *. *.

"According to the royals, he passed here," Eugeus said wearing a dark crimson cloak over his combat clothes to avoid drawing attention to himself.

"Blood," Vinson, Eugeus' new assistant said and Eugeus looked forward to see dried blood on the floor. He bent down studied the leaves around.

"Blood splash on the leaves, it was a sword clash, obviously the best move for a human who is a knight," Eugeus said.